We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
7 posts
Save Topic
Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Hi, I'll be going to Perth on the 21st - 30 Sept.

So far, I planned on visiting

1. Frementle for fish and chips

2. Frementle morning market

3. Kings park

4. Millpoint

5. Margaret river (which are the best wineries, brewery, cheese & choclate tasting?)

6. Busselton Jetty

7. Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse

I was wondering if Lancelin and Pinnacles a MUST visit place.

Planing a trip for my family of 6. youngest being 21 and oldest , 55..One of their first trip to Australia. Thank you in advance for your kind replies and advises. Hope this will be a wonderful trip for them!!

Ps.

Are there any good malls around? The ones I;ve listed down so far is:

carousel

Harbour Town

City

King's street

Claremont Quarter City

Garden City

And i heard Hippo Creeks serves awesome steaks. i wonder what other restaurants i can visit throughout the whole trip?

7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

And where's one of the most beautiful beach in Perth ?

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

do i need to travel to rottness island and mundaring and manning as well ?

Australind...
Level Contributor
55 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Have a read of this thread for people doing similar to you

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255103-i531-k5…

And see the Trip Reports on the Top Questions about Perth

I wouldnt do Pinnacles/ Lancelin - alot of travelling for not much to see, and you already have a trip down south which you need a minimum of 4 or 5 days for.

Perth and surrounding suburbs and possibly a day trip to Rottnest

in or around Perth I would recommend

Kings Park

Caversham Wildlife Park ( 45 mins out of Perth )

Swan Valley ( 45 mins out of Perth)

then head south to Bunbury / Busselton / Margaret River

Lots of itineraries in the Trip Reports WA on the right under the Top Perth Questions

Dont forget there are a few breweries in Margaret River as well -

Bootleg Brewery is a dont miss for me.

For good steaks / man food try Tony Roma's in Perth City

www.urbanspoon.com is great for picking restaurants depending on where you will be

happy planning

Australind...
Level Contributor
55 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Beautiful beach for photos/ fish and chips on the beach etc in Perth is Cottesloe

Best beach for swimming / picnics/ afternoon drink at the pub I think is Mullaloo , its a nice 40 min drive North along the coast and you can stop at Hillarys Boat Harbour - good for little ones swimming and lunch and a bit of touristy shopping ( Hippo Creek is there )

Theres also an aquarium of Western Australia there that may interest you

http://www.aqwa.com.au/

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

We went to Rottnest as a family similar ages to yours. We all enjoyed Rottnest - the ferry trip down the river was lovely too. The ocean crossing was a bit rough, so be prepared if you are prone to seasickness. A relaxing day and lots of fun riding bikes around the island if it's a nice day - I wouldn't go if the weather was wet and cold. The quokkas are cute if you like wildlife:)

I've heard the Rotto Adventure Race is lots of fun (teams riding bikes on a treasure hunt) - not sure if it's offered all year.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Abut a quarter of the way down the page is a little search box. Type the word itineraries in that and see how your question has been answered numerous times before.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,957 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Not sure what you mean by "Millpoint"; there is an old mill in South Perth which is Perth's first flour mill but I wouldn't count it as a "must see", more of a "we have a space to fill in our itinerary and have seen/done everything else". Similarly I have no clue as to why you might want to travel to Mundaring (unless to have pizza at Little Caesar's, and it's a long way to go for pizza or possibly Mundaring Weir, which for overseas visitors might almost fall into the same class as the old mill), or Manning, which I can't think of as having any tourist attraction at all.

As for shopping malls (I'm assuming from this post and your writing style that you're either from Singapore or Malaysia), unless there is something specific you are looking for that you can't get at home, shopping in Perth is more expensive and less varied than you will find at home. Garden City and Carousel are run of the mill suburban shopping centres featuring mostly chain stores and supermarkets, King St and Claremont are more expensive, high end and designer stuff and Harbour Town is outlets for various chain stores remaindering their old stock.

7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Thanks all for your help!! appreicate it very much!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

Question for YF....what's the story behind Little Caesars? I've heard glowing references to it before, but can only envision the Little Caesars I know from the US, a subpar pizza chain, which appears similar to the Little Caesars I've seen at Hillary's. Am I missing something?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,451 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perth Itinerary - am i missing anything good?

No relation to the US chain. Perth home grown award winning proper pizza.

Tho I do rate Stones on Fitzgerald St Nth Perth as better but that's personal choice.