We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Dec holiday

Brisbane
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Late Dec holiday

Hi, my husband and i are considering a trip to perth for four days late Dec. We don't want to hire a car and was wondering what activities there would be to do in the city. I personally would like to visit a nice day spa. We just want a nice relaxing holiday, some nice food and wine. We are thinking about staying at the Richardson Hotel.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,465 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Dec holiday

Can't help with day spas, but there's plenty to do in Perth to fill your time. It'll be bloody hot, as you may be aware. Kings Park is good year round, and the Swan Valley and Perth Hills are the closest wine regions - Swan Valley is about 30 minutes from the CBD, give or take, but you'll need either a car or a tour, as public transport is very limited out that way.

Perhaps it's the same in Brisbane, but Christmas through January in Perth reminds me alot of Ramadan in the Middle East - lots of business close for the entire month, even those you might not expect. January can be pretty sleepy around here, as many folks take the entire month off and head elsewhere.

Edited: 03 October 2012, 10:22
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Dec holiday

The Richardson has it's own spa, so you might want to check it out.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Dec holiday

Thanks for the info :) I thought it would be similar weather wise as Brisbane but didn't realise that so much would be closed. Still tossing up where to go at that time of year.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Dec holiday

Thanks for that i will check it out :)

5. Re: Late Dec holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 03:18