We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas in Perth

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cork
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas in Perth

Hi, heading to Perth this Christmas with my husband from Ireland to visit family, we will be over there for nearly a month, just wondering what clothes to bring! Have only 20 kg allowance and Iam not the best packer! Everything goes in!

Is the weather really good all through Xmas, we will be there round the 14th December, so shorts and dresses will do me, or does it get chilly at night, I know it's not going to be a beach holiday so it's not like packing for a wk in Spain!

Would it be very dressy over there at Xmas, would I need to bring different clothes for going out at night or is it very casual?

Thanks for any advice!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,151 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas in Perth

It will have a 99% chance of being stinking hot so packing for a Spanish beach is reasonable. Unless you are planning to dine in the tiny amount of 5 star restaurants that exist there - there is no real reason for being overly dressy / posh. Most places are smart casual.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,957 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas in Perth

As P/P mentioned its just smart casual or very casual if staying around the beaches.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas in Perth

Yes pack as though you were heading to Spain. However, if you plan to head to the South West ( eg Margaret River or Albany) I would put in one set of warmer clothes- eg jeans, T shirt and jacket as weather can be changeable. In Perth just one light cardigan should be OK for evening. Remember hat and sunglasses for the heat and glare.

cork
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas in Perth

Thanks so much everyone for your answers,

We will be staying in Albany for few days during our trip so thanks for the advice to bring something bit warmer in case the weather is changeable there!

Thanks again

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,151 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas in Perth

At the very most a "cool change" will only necessitate a cardigan. Nothing major.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas in Perth

It's up as far as 30 degrees currently so it will be that or hotter in December & January.

Will be there same time and have been before, can't wait!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xmas in Perth

Pack some warm clothes for Albany, can be chilly anytime of year, especially since it's on the coast. Nights can get surprisingly cold in the SW at night, I lived in Bridgetown and 5C nights in December were not unknown.

We're pretty casual here in Oz, although some of those pretentious clubs have a dress code, especially annoying for blokes...lol

8. Re: Xmas in Perth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2013, 10:17