We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Perth

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Perth

I am may be going to Perth for a conference in early July and am not sure whether I should stay a few extra days afterwards to do some sightseeing.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any good tour companies for day trips and what destinations for day trips from Perth would be recommended.

As an FYI, I don't like the beach, so no need to suggest any places near water.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Perth

Will you have a car?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Perth

No - that is why I mentioned tour companies that provide day trips.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Perth

Some day trip options would be the Pinnacles, New Norcia, and the Swan Valley. Day tours are also available to Wave Rock or Margaret River or the Treetop Walk. All great destinations (some would disagree about Wave Rock but I like it) but those would be a very long day,12 hours or more.

Pinnacle Tours is probably the biggest and best-known tour company and goes to all of the above. http://www.australianpinnacletours.com.au/

Captain Cook cruises offers river cruises to the Swan Valley with lunch and stops at wineries. www.captaincookcruises.com.au/wine-cruises

Taste Bud Tours of the Swan Valley are rated #1. An in-depth review is here weekendnotes.com/taste-bud-tours-swan-valley…

You can also tour independently around Perth and Fremantle. Some of the more unusual spots are the WACA Museum and ground tour and the torchlight or tunnel tours of Fremantle Prison.

Perth and Fremantle also have self-guided walk brochures and or mp3s …wa.gov.au/web/…

fremantleports.com.au/Visiting/Attractions/P…

Edited: 11 January 2013, 09:03
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Perth

You could do a day trip out to the Swan Valley if you like wineries.... usually lunch is included, and you can get a cruise back, or bus back.

http://www.svtours.com.au/

I would recommend a nice cruise down the river from Barrack Street Jetty with Captain Cook Cruises to Fremantle. You can get one at 9.45am and they have commentary and morning tea and you will see some interesting spots along the way as well as massive homes.

captaincookcruises.com.au/fremantle-cruises

Then in Fremantle you can visit the Fremantle Prison, the Maritime Museum, the markets and have a nice meal on the waterfront at Fishermans Harbour. Then you can get the train back to the Perth city Station. The markets are open Fridays and weekends, there is one at the E Shed (near where the river cruise comes into), and some in South Terrace, which is known as the cafe strip ... Here's another Fremantle website, besides the one above.

fremantlewesternaustralia.com/pages/…

Pop up to Kings Park in the evening too .. the views of the city are beautiful.

5. Re: Day trips from Perth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 06:17