We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic to International Transfer?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,565 posts
332 reviews
Save Topic
Domestic to International Transfer?

According to the "Top Questions" on this site there are THREE Terminals on two different sites, 11 Km apart at PER.

According to my itinerary my QF flight from MEL arrives at Terminal 4 and my International flight (also QF) departs from Terminal 1 2:10 hr later. All on one ticket.

Where is Terminal 4 and how do I transfer from it to Terminal 1?

Many thanks

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,273 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic to International Transfer?

So, did you click on the Perth Airport link in the article?

perthairport.com.au/ToTheAirport/GettingArou…

Make sure you are checked in for the international flight at Melbourne, you'll be cutting it fine to check in at Perth. Get your checked bags checked through if you can.

Edited: 13 January 2013, 08:01
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,565 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic to International Transfer?

Thanks very much - I misread the link as being transport to the airport from the city. That old link needs to be removed from the Top Questions as it is very confusing. Is Terminal 4 new? I assumed since it is one ticket that my bag will be checked all the way through.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic to International Transfer?

Your bag will be checked through.

T4 (Domestic) was T2 until Nov 2012.

A free terminal transfer bus service operates between the International Terminal (T1) and the Domestic Terminals (T3&T4).

Services operate every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Buses depart on the hour, 20 minutes past the hour and 40 minutes past the hour e.g. 06.00, 06.20, 06.40, 07.00 etc.

The journey takes approximately 8 minutes.

To catch the Terminal transfer bus, make your way to the bus stop which is located in front of Qantas Terminal (T4) at the Domestic Terminals.

I have amended the article/link.

Edited: 13 January 2013, 11:27
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domestic to International Transfer?

You'll get two boarding passes when you check in at Melbourne .. so there isn't a problem about luggage ...its very easy, just like you get an international flight from Sydney .. we do it all the time.

5. Re: Domestic to International Transfer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 06:17