We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

Hi Friends,

I'm having a breakfast meeting with my senior colleague from Singapore this Saturday.

Could you kindly suggest a suitable cafe in South Perth? The criteria are good quality BF at reasonable price & away from a large crowd.

Thank you.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

Most cafes in South Perth are packed on Saturday mornings and very noisy. For a business meeting I'd suggest somewhere quieter like Cocos Restaurant. Nice view too!

http://westvalley.com.au/

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

Hi AJ,

Much appreciate your recommendation.

I've made a reservation at Coco's in South Perth this Saturday.

Thanks so much

Edited: 12 March 2013, 10:19
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

I know this is late, but wanted to give you a recommendation for future reference. Hop on the ferry and head over to Sassy's On The River (or might be Sassy's On The Swan). It's absolutely delicious and a great treat for the weekend. They're busy on the weekends as well.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

Hi Rachel,

Could you tell me where I could hop onto the ferry? Is there a pier of some sort and is there a name to go with it? I would dearly like to try out this Sassy place at a more opportune date. Which suburb is this restaurant located. Thanks a lot.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,013 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

The Barrack St jetty isn't hard to find. Unless you are taking a clearly marked tourist ferry they only go to South Perth.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

Reviews dont look too good tho:-

urbanspoon.com/r/…Sassys-on-the-Swan-Perth

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

I've only had coffe there but it's very pleasant. The reviews here on TA are good so it's hard to tell. If you really want to impress the collegue maybe don't chance it.

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g255103…

Note it's in Perth right near Barrack Square so you get the ferry at the Mends St Jetty in South Perth.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

We go regularly to Sassys. We live in South Perth near Mends St; my partner walks over the Narrows bridge and I ride my bike in the other direction, and we meet at Sassys. We've never had a bad experience. We've tried a couple of other "cafés" at Barrack Square, but have now settled on Sassys.

We also regularly have breakfast at the Bell House on the Mends St jetty in South Perth. More casual than Cocos - and despite a few bad reviews, again we've never had a bad experience.

wongchinhong - this map will show you exactly where to get the ferry to South Perth. http://tinyurl.com/dyoqhqk

Sassys is approximately where you see the number 5 on the right hand side of Riverside Drive (walking away from the ferry and Barrack Square).

Edited: 30 April 2013, 13:04
9. Re: Good Breakfast Cafe in South Perth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 05:15