We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend away trips

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Weekend away trips

Are there weekend trips spending a couple of nights away from Perth that would be enjoyable for a family with 5 and 6 year old girls?

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend away trips

Margaret River/ Yallingup area is wonderful and not too far-around 3 hour drive. Lots to do for all the family and lovely for a weekend, or more, away. Have a look at previous posts which give plenty of info for things to do.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend away trips

I agree ... it's a 3 hour trip, half of it via freeway ... some wonderful things to see and do, and great beaches in the area.

If you come in school holidays, you would need to book well in advance. At the moment, we have two weeks in July, 2 weeks beginning of October, and our summer holidays start around 16 December give or take a day or two and last till the end of January.

Dunsborough has a great beach for the children .. plus they'd enjoy Simmos, visit a cave, sample some chocolate at the Margaret River chocolate factory ... ideal place for lunch at the same time ...climb a lighthouse... here's a couple of websites which may help you.

http://www.simmos.com.au/

http://www.margaretriver.com/

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
98 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend away trips

You may find it safer (especially beaches..that's where most young families go) and more family friendly options to be based in Busselton (and accom cheaper). Margaret river etc then just a 45 min drive. You will need a car. Have a look for caravan parks with chalet options. Lots of fun for young uns. I took my children there for years on school holidays and they have lovely memories of calm blue water, fishing, taking the train out on the huge jetty and lots more.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend away trips

I defiantly can't disagree with Margaret River but one nice place is Moore river as well, only about 1 1/2 hours north it has nice beaches and a beautiful river. It is also right near the pinnacles and other nice costal towns.

Here is a Website with some photos

www.gingintourism.com.au/index.php…

5. Re: Weekend away trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:17