We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Topic
Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

My boyfriend and I are staying in Perth for our 1st time ever to Australia. I have no idea where in Perth we would be best off staying.

We are seeing Black Sabbath at Perth Arena May 4th, thats the only definite plan.

I would like to stay in a location that has plenty of shopping, bars, good restaurants etc in close proximity.

Budget: pretty flexible , as I am aware it is expensive in Perth. Clean, comfortable safe. It doesnt have to be fancy ( though fancy is not out) We stayed in an apartment in Paris last year, it was perfect expect the wifi was terrible. My point would be a self service apartment would be ok.

I have been researching and I am just stuck and I dont know what to do!

Thanks in advance to anyone who cares to help.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,210 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

Fraser Suites Perth might appeal.

perth.frasershospitality.com/location.php

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

Accommodation in Perth is tight and expensive, especially on such short notice.

We spent several weeks at the Medina Grand when we relocated - good location in the CBD - expect to pay about $25 a day for Internet access there. Parking is limited and expensive.

We also enjoyed Medina Executive Barrack, also well located. Both are serviced apartments.

Another option for serviced apartments is the Peninsula in South Perth, easy to access the CBD via ferry.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

Also have a look at the Mantra on Hay and Mantra on Murray ... both in the CBD and not far from the Perth Arena.

mantra.com.au/western-australia/…

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

Also, have a look at www.airbnb for reasonable Perth accommodation.

We've used it a few times and found lovely places with terrific hosts and always paid under $100 a night for a room with ensuite within 20 minutes of the centre of Perth. The places we've stayed provided free wifi.

As with all private rentals, read the reviews carefully.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,516 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

You could also look at www.wotif.com.au or www.stayz.com.au for last minute specials. But whatever you do, do it quickly as the accommodation availability in Perth is one of the tightest in the world, so if you leave it too late it may be a case of the worst place in Perth or even nothing at all.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

Great suggestions above. As far as areas to stay in, if you'd consider staying outside the cbd, I'd recommend Subiaco or Fremantle - you'll be able to catch the train into the city for the concert, accomodation will be cheaper, and there are plenty of good restaurants in both areas. Other areas to consider would be Leederville, Northbridge, Highgate (quite a lot of short stay accommodation there).

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

Ok.... we ended up booking with Casa La Rosa in Perth. I figure it's the top rated b&b in Perth and we have never stayed at a B&b before. I am so excited! Thanks for everyones input.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,718 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

If Casa La Ros is half as good as its' reviews, you should thoroughly enjoy your stay. One suggestion I would make is that you please do not walk back from the Arena after your concert - catch a cab, just to be on the safe side.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

<<catch a cab>>

Yeah, but head to one of the taxi ranks in the city. I wouldnt like your chances flagging down a taxi with 13,000 people emptying out on the street. There's nowhere for a taxi to pull up legally either and arena security jump on anyone trying to pull over outside the stadium. Also Ive seen Wellington St gridlocked. I would move away from the arena, maybe even down to St Georges Tce where a taxi driver can detour around any congestion.

perth australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perth May 1- May 8th Where or Where in Perth to stay??

Think best option is to find out where you want to stay (area) then look at which hotels/ apartments available

I would suggest choosing somewhere on the train line between fremantle and perth most likely.