We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My recommendations for things to do / see.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
My recommendations for things to do / see.

we stayed in perth for 6 months. I have just emailed a friend with my top tips and thought I would also put it on trip advisor to help others. Enjoy!!

Pubs/Beaches

Fremantle

- Little Creatures, at the harbour area. A great brewery with a huge kids sandpit for them to play in.

Sail and Anchor - great pub with upstairs beer garden to watch the street below. Get the taster beers on a paddle, great fun.

Norfolk - great restuarant/pub.

North Fremantle and South Fremantle have great beaches.

Cottesloe - Brilliant beach. Indiana tea house or cottesloe hotel great place

Swanbourne - Naked Fig. Great restuarant with a kids playpark near it. Overlooks the water. Good BBQ area here too.

Floreat Beach - great for a BBQ at the weekend. Great play park near the BBqs.

Scarborough beach - great for surfing and lots of surfing shops.

Hillarys Boat Harbour - great beach for the kids and lots of restuarants.

City Center - 'C' Restuarant - a revolving restuarant in perth city center, great views.

The Greenhouse is a cool restuarant. We also like the Belgian restuarant.

Winchester - South Side of Perth, great pub near the zoo. Kids love to take the ferry from Barrack St to the sough side. Also lots of BBQ areas overlooking the water.

Subiaco - Has lots of pubs and restuarants. Wagamama, Jus Burgers, Subi Hotel.

Kids Play parks. Sticky Beaks in Kings Park is brillant. Also a great cafe there. Children love this.

Muller park in Subiaco is also good.

Peppermint grove park.

Things to do

Rottnest Island - is a must. We stayed over for a weekend. If you want to stay I would reccomend you book in advance as it gets booked out really quickly.

Swan Valley - good to visit for lunch and the wineries.

Margaret River - we stayed in a gorgeous villa in Dunsborough called the Regency Beach Club, very swish. Great time.

Mandurah. Great to visit at the weekend. Go to the Marina where there are lots of great restuarants.

Rockingham - good beach for kids.

Penguin Island. The children enjoyed this as we went on a glass bottomed boat but Rottnest is much better.

Kings Park - there is so much to do. Visit Fraser Avenue to look at the city. Tree top walk. DNA tower. Synergy Park. There is an outdoor cinema in Kings Park every night which is cool.

Swimming Pools

Outdoor - Fremantle - great for kids.

Claremont - a lovely big outdoor pool. They also show movies for kids outdoors. Claremont is really nice for going shopping.

Bold Park - near Floreat. nice outdoor pool.

Indoor pool, Beattie Park in Leederville. This is where I went for swimming lessons with the kids. Very child friendly and a good temperature. This also has an outdoor pool but you can't take the kids into it.

National Parks.

You must go to Yanchep national park. It is great as at night time wild Kangaroos come out, we must have seen about 100 one night. Good to go at tea time with a BBQ. Or go during the day and visit the caves or the Koalas.

Z00

Visit using the Ferry as you just walk from the south side shore.

Cavesham is good to go to as the children can touch Kangaroos there

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,718 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My recommendations for things to do / see.

A good list of most of the popular spots. I think you mean the Windsor Hotel in South Perth. There is no comparison between Penguin & Rotto, and nor there should be IMO.

2. Re: My recommendations for things to do / see.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 06:16