We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop over in Perth

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Stop over in Perth

I have a 6 hour stop over in Perth in September during the day, with little time can anyone suggest any must do's that aren't too far from the airport?

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop over in Perth

Not sure on this one. Are you just at the domestic terminal as that governs how much time for check in and so on. Maybe catch a shuttle to the city http://www.perthairportconnect.com.au/

Once in city walk up to Kings Park to stretch your legs. Alteratively taxi to Kings Park. Great spot to have an overview of city and lovely WA flora. The walkway is worth doing. That probably all you have time for.

Another alternative would be somewhere like Burswood and walk around the river.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop over in Perth

We are arriving at the international terminal but departing from the domestic terminal. I didn't think there would be a lot to do given the time constraints but thank you for the advice, I think a good walk will be what we need after 10 hours on a plane.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop over in Perth

I would get a cab to the domestic and check your baggage in. Then get another cab and go up to Kings Park, as already suggested. Visit the botanical gardens, the tree top walk and the views.

Then go down to Barrack Street Jetty and get a ferry across to South Perth for a bite to eat at one of the restaurants. The views are nice from there.

Then cab it back to the domestic airport.

Our international and domestic terminals are separated by runways (like Sydney) .. there is a shuttle bus that goes between the two, but they leave every 20 minutes, whereas a cab can be quicker.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
4. Re: Stop over in Perth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 06:18