We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

hello, any suggestion on the mode of travel from Perth city to airport to catch flight departing 7.40 am at T3?

I have checked Perth Connect, the available timing is only at 3am. This would be too early. The hotel i planned to stay dont provide airport transfers.

Would it be easy to get a taxi from hotel at 5am?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

I would pre-book the taxi; will cost a bit extra but you don't want to be hanging around waiting in case no-one is available to come at no notice.

Did you actually email Perth Connect to enquire? They don't seem to have a timetable on their website but say there are 18 services from 2.45am to 940pm, sounds like one every hour. So I'd expect there was one at 4.45am-ish. Is it booked out already?

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

Yeah.. I called Perth connect to check and was told only timing is 3am.

I 've checked some hotels in Perth CBD, seem like they dont help to arrange for airport transfer.

I am quite surprised.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

Well in that case it looks like you'll need to book a taxi.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

It's not economical for hotels to be running shuttles for one hotel guest - that would have to carry down to their overall expenditure and make an expensive hotel even more expensive.

Just ask reception to book you a taxi for whatever pickup time you want.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,663 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

"I 've checked some hotels in Perth CBD, seem like they dont help to arrange for airport transfer.

I am quite surprised."

Not sure why you are surprised. AJ is right on the money. Catching a taxi at that hour of the morning is quite simple. The larger hotels will have taxis parked nearby or have phone numbers of drivers. Or as YF suggests, pre-book for peace of mind.

Edited: 03 July 2013, 00:44
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

I maybe mistaken, but I took the OP's comment on post #2 as; - she was surprised the hotel didn't make a suggestion or help advise her on how she can get to the airport.

If I contact a hotel in a visiting city, asked about transfer options and received a reply along the lines of "no we don't provide airport transfers" but with no alternatives suggested, I too would be surprised at the lack of additional information. It doesn't take much to tell the guest 'we can assist in helping you book at taxi'.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,663 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

My mistake re AJ - Post # 4 is Perfectly Perth who has changed her avatar just to confuse me :-) (Not hard to do).

"It doesn't take much to tell the guest 'we can assist in helping you book at taxi'. "

No it doesn't but Perth is not reknown for its' (lack of) service in the hospitality industry for nothing...

As hotel occupancy rates have dropped in Perth/WA for the first time in 4 years - maybe we will see a change in attitude and maybe even prices fall? Not holding my breath...

…yahoo.com/thewest/…

Edited: 03 July 2013, 03:00
8. Re: Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 13:54
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

>>>No it doesn't but Perth is not reknown for its' (lack of) service in the hospitality industry for nothing...<<<

Yeah it's a real oddity but you're right. The thing that amazes me about that, is people from Perth are probably some of the friendliest I know.

On the flipside, they aren't known for bad service either.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Perth city to Airport - flight 7.40am

How about the 37 bus from St Georges Terrace to the domestic terminal. Check on www.transperth.com.au for times.