We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay when everything is closed?

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay when everything is closed?

I will be in Perth (first time) with my husband and 2 young children for part of the Easter weekend next year. We arrive at Perth Domestic airport at 2pm on Thursday 17th after spending 10 days on the Coral Coast. We leave for Brisbane at 9am on Saturday 19th so initially we had planned to stay in the CBD for the 2 nights. Then it dawned on us - our only full day will be Good Friday and I assume (like in Brisbane) everything will be closed.

So, do you recommend still staying close to/in the CBD and hoping we can find places to eat etc? Or, we have access to cheap car hire so we could hire a car from the airport on Thursday and drive somewhere nearby to stay the 2 nights (no more than 1.5 hours away) that is likely to be less deserted than the CBD on Good Friday?

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Ta

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,206 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay when everything is closed?

I always like Easter in Perth as has a relaxed feel with many locals heading out of city. Maybe avoid CBD and stay somewhere like Fremantle ( yes I am biased). Buy some provisions on the Thursday when you arrive and enjoy picnics on the Friday- sorry can't remember what cafes and restaurants are closed. From Freo you can catch train, although keeping your hire car might be a good move.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay when everything is closed?

Thanks JeanPerth :) will definitely look into staying at Fremantle!

3. Re: Where to stay when everything is closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 05:17