We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth Airport Transfers to City

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Perth Airport Transfers to City

I'm sure when I last looked at Perth's airport connect service it operated as a normal shuttle dropping and picking up people from most major city hotels. I was planning to use the same when we visit Perth next month but their website now says they only pick up and drop off from a few mostly railyway/bus stops in the CBD not hotels. This is not suitable or safe for people carrying luggage from the airport or for ladies travelling alone especially at night or early morning. Does anyone know of a more useful true shuttle service or will we be forced to use a cab?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,813 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth Airport Transfers to City

Its really only backpackers who use the shuttle. Cab is the most common form of transport for Perth airport to CBD.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,726 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth Airport Transfers to City

Use a cab. Not expensive, more convenient.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,207 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth Airport Transfers to City

Agree :)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth Airport Transfers to City

How much is the cab ride from the airport to the CBD or Longbridge?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,726 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth Airport Transfers to City

Longbridge? I assume you mean Northbridge?

Under Top Questions About Perth - to the right as you face your screen - is the q How do I get to/from the Airports?

Around $40 + for either of Northbridge or CBD - dependant upon which airport you are leaving from, day of the week and time of day.

Swan Taxis have a fare calculator if you wish to be more specific. www.swantaxis.com.au

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth Airport Transfers to City

thanks mate, yes Northbridge. It's Stirling Street actually, I think that comes under Perth doesn't it?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,813 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth Airport Transfers to City

Regions of the Perth Suburb are located east and north of the actual CBD and surround Northbridge.

Depending on time of day and traffic it's cost me anything from $42 to $60 to just near Stirling St.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perth Airport Transfers to City

Tks everyone - took the cab from the airport to the CBD on both weekends - cost $33 and $31 - much better option than the so called shuttle -especially as there was two of us travelling

seattle
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Perth Airport Transfers to City

As an old lady travelling alone, arriving next month, I am rather concerned by bel996's comments and other replies that it is not safe to be in the' CBD especially at night.' Is this a valid concern?

Edited: 25 September 2013, 04:10
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,726 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perth Airport Transfers to City

SeattleSophie - like any city, Perth has its' areas where it is not a great idea to be alone late at night, whether you are male or female, young or old.

Day time, the CBD is buzzing and there are many more people around in the evenings these days as opposed to even 5 years ago when the CBD became a ghost town by 6.15pm...

Be aware of and pay attention to your own safety the same as you would at home and you will be fine.