We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 days Perth Trip - Advice/Suggestions pls

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
9 days Perth Trip - Advice/Suggestions pls

Hi...Will be visiting Perth in late Oct/early Nov for 9 days.. just the 3 of us adults (myself, mum & aunt)..and i'm thinking of renting a car.. i've already got an accommodation somewhere in Subiaco, which i believe is somewhat a centralised location to the places i intend to go.. so here's my itinerary

Day 1 (Thurs) - i'll be arriving at 1620hrs by flight, so we'll probably just head to our apartment

Day 2 (Fri) - a day in King's Park, Botanic Gardens and CBD

Day 3 (Sat) - Freo (visit the museums and the weekend market)

Day 4 (Sun) - probably visit Rottnest Island

Day 5 (Mon) - Cottletoe Beach (or any beach recommended to go?)

Day 6 (Tues) - Drive up to Pinnacle & back (probably make pit stops along the way as well)

Day 7 (Wed) - Caversham Wildlife Park (read reviews that it's good, so probably will spend the whole day there?)

Day 8 (Thurs) - Swan Valley (Chocolate & Nougat Factory, etc)

Day 9 (Fri) - Pack up & head home

Is there any other interesting places to visit or activities to do? I would throw in a skydive or something, but my mum will kill me if i do =X..hence the mellow itinerary.. so any suggestions for activities that are not too extreme for them are most welcome ...

I'll be the only driver, so we'll probably spend the day in each location...will it be worth it to even rent a car in the first place? The only longest drive would be up to Pinnacle, which i've read is about 3 hours each way from Perth...though its best viewed at dawn or dusk, we'll just head up early in the morning and visit during the day, so that we can drive back to Perth hopefully before dusk. Good idea? Or would it be better to skip pinnacle and head down to Margaret River?

Swan Valley & Caversham is pretty close to each other, so should i combine the 2 places together in a day?

And better to rent a car from the airport or Bayswater car rental (which i read is highly recommended, though not available at the airport)?

What do you think? Any suggestions/advice are welcome. thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 9 days Perth Trip - Advice/Suggestions pls

I have just returned from Perth last week (have been there 3 times before). I would definitely hire the car from the airport - less hassle when returning it. The airport has a number of car rental places located inside terminal. Get on internet for competitive prices. Seeing you are staying at Subiaco I would head across to Hilarys Beach then drive down the coast road to Fremantle. Very easy main road to follow just keep an eye on your speed limit at all times. Police radar this area on a frequent basis. You can stop and have a look at Trigg, Scarborough Beach, then Cotteslo Beach then onto Fremantle. There are markets at Fremantle but they are only open on the weekend. I haven't been to the Pinnacles too far to go in one day. Margaret River is nice lots of wineries but also a long way to go for one day. Maybe do a Swan River cruise. Rottnest Island is a day trip you can hire bikes but if it is a very hot day wouldn't suggest bike riding. Enjoy your trip. Perth is lovely and at that time of year would be very pleasant. Not too hot.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,707 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: 9 days Perth Trip - Advice/Suggestions pls

Kerrie, good advice (except about the Pinnacles, lots of people do it as a day trip) but the OP has been and gone, even posted about her trip experience in November.

Ipswich, England...
Level Contributor
429 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 9 days Perth Trip - Advice/Suggestions pls

Hillarys has lots of little shops and restaurants with all kinds of food. We often spend a few hours there when we're visiting our daughter in Perth. Mid to late afternoon into the evening for shopping and dinner. Most of it is under cover so there's shade on hot days and shelter on wet ones.

Enjoy your trip.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,309 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: 9 days Perth Trip - Advice/Suggestions pls

Again Eileen as as just been pointed out directly above your post - the OP has been and gone already ! Please check the dates of threads before responding.

25. Re: 9 days Perth Trip - Advice/Suggestions pls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:15