We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, null...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

Planning a 7days 6 nites, 6 adults n 2 children age 7, self drive from airport, wanting to go rockingham, farmstays, frematle market, margaret river, treetop walk. Would really appreciate on advice on where to stay n routes to take. Thank you in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

Have a read of the trip reports on the top right of your screen. This will give you an idea of what can be achieved in the period of time.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

As perfectlyperth said, read trip reports- also previous similar questions on this forum have been comprehensively answered.

Just a few points to get you going:

Given you want a few days in Perth you will be pushing to go to both Margaret River AND Tree Top Walk

( Walpole) as a lot of driving in that loop and not much time to relax. Suggest farm stay somewhere near MR.

Singapore, null...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

Is swan valley in Margaret river? Where should I stay in swan valley? Tk u.

Singapore, null...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

I'll skip the walpole too far for tree tOp walk. Alr tried in Melbourne. Tk.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

I would make a start by reading google maps first so you have a vague idea about locations.

Swan Valley in the winery region in outer suburbs of Perth. Margaret River is a town and winery region 4 hours south of Perth.

Singapore, null...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

Hi I've google the map n more or less decided on rockingham to see penguins n dolphins, Fremantle for shopping, swan valley for wild animals, perth hills, lastly king park. Pls advise from airport self drive how should I plan my trip in the order that I return car back to airport tk u. I am planning to stay 2 nites in rockingham n 2 nites in perth hills n the rest 1 nite should be sufficient. Tk u.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

Honey, if you've looked at the map you should see that all your destinations can be done as a day trip from one accommodation in the Perth area. Moving around with all the extra checking in and out will eat up holiday time that could be spent doing something more fun :-)

Singapore, null...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

Hi yorkfoodie really appreciate your advice. Any suggestion of a good place to put up 7 of us tk us.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

Helloo,

For a week in Perth, like York Foodie says you're best off picking one of either Margaret River or Walpole. Personally I love the Walpole and Denmark area and there is so much more to do than just the tree top walk. Margaret River is beautiful, yes and especially great if you're keen on all the wine tasting and stuff but I prefer the Walpoe

Perth is also a great place to have as a base and then explore its surroundings it's really quite beautiful. If you've never been Sandboarding before or if you have and love it, you might want to check out Lancelin. It's got these giant sand dunes that are so fun to go boarding on and of course, beautiful beaches too. The sand dunes are especially stunning at sunset. It's an easy day trip from Perth and if you leave early enough, you can tie in the Pinnacles too.

I've spent a lot of time in Perth and absolutely love the city. If you want more details on day trips then you can check this post I wrote a while back: …blogspot.in/2013/08/best-active-and-nature-…

Also if you're still in two minds about Walpole and want to know what else you can do there you can check another post I wrote: …blogspot.in/2013/09/weekend-getaways-from-p…

I've also written a few other posts on fun things to check out within Perth and I hope you'll find it helpful!

You're really spoiled for choice as to where to go when you're in Perth and I hope you'll end up loving WA as much as I do! Happy Exploring :)

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st visit to perth in nov 13' need advice, really appreciate

Living-n-Escaping, if you're going to "quote" me, could you at least quote something I've actually said? OP had MR and Walpole on the wish list in his first post, and by post 6 had deleted them.

I suspect you're confusing me with JeanPerth, easy to do, we look so much alike.