We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

I'm flying the red eye into perth, arriving 8am and then flying out on an 11pm flight. Are there any hotels/lounges that I can rent for a few hours sleep in the daytime like what they have in singapore? (I can't sleep on planes).

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,826 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

Not that Im aware of. Even if they were, you're staying 12-15 odd hours, and I'd say it'll go close to being a full nightly charge. Most hotels have Day Use rates, but the checkout is usually 5pm

Edited: 23 October 2013, 06:38
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,481 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

I wish. I can't even think of hotels with day rooms, although there probably are some.

Have you considered Air B&B? Might be a less expensive option, with more flexibility.

No first hand experience, just a thought.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/Perth--Australia

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

I recently stayed overnight at the Ibis at Sydney airport, and I remember noting that they offered day rooms. Their whole rationale for existing seems to be to cater for people flying in and out and just wanting a short term bed!

There's an Ibis near Perth airport, but there's nothing on their website to indicate they offer a similar service.

I guess it's probably a case of emailing/phoning all the hotels/motels near the airport (Google hotels perth airport) and seeing if anyone can help.

Mentioned in this post
Perth Airport
Perth Airport
Redcliffe, Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,826 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

That's absolutely correct.

A great majority of the chain hotels offer Day Use, but for the sake of discretion, they do not advertise it online. This is because having too many such reservations can cause havoc with inventory and occupancy.

Day Use rates are traditionally valid for 8 hours (7-3, 8-4, 9-5), although some hotels are more flexible. They generally prefer an earlier arrival and earlier checkout to increase potential of reselling that night. The discounts are usually between 25-50% their Best Available Rate advertised on their own website.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

Great, thanks everyone for your help!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

I took your advice and emailed ibis airport hotel. I asked them if they do the day rental (generic question) they replied with "there's no availability tonight". I thought my wording was ambiguous so I wrote back saying, not, not tonight. Do you do day rentals - date is 8th nov. They replied with 'we are fully booked on 8th November.' Which is weird because I was able to get availability on the 8th on their website (and the 7th and the 9th). If they don't do day rentals you'd think they'd just say so but instead they fobbed me off with a lie. I find it all very strange.

------------

Hello again Kylie,

Thank you gain for your enquiry - unfortunately we are fully booked on the 8th November.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further enquiries.

Kind Regards,

Kerry Dangers

Reservations

---------/

I'm sorry I don't mean tonight. I just mean do you rent rooms by the day?

My arrival day is 8th nov

Thanks

----------

Hi Kylie,

Thank you for your email, unfortunately we are fully booked tonight.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further enquiries.

Kind Regards,

Kerry Dangers

Reservations

--------------

I am in Perth in transit from 8am till 11pm, do you have any day use rooms (e.g: 9am-5pm or similar)?

Thanks

Kylie

------------

Room avail 7/11-8/11 at time if writing:

Room 1 View the room details [+]

Dates of stay : from 07/11/2013 to 09/11/2013 , i.e. 2 night(s)

Number of persons : 1 adult(s)

Options : View the room details [+]

Add a roomYour stay

Total amount including VAT

458.00 AUD

Your payment

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,475 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

I would be contacting the CEO of the IBIS and asking if his reservations staff have problems understanding the most basic of questions !

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,712 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

They don't want to do it.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,826 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

Hi Kylie,

There a number of reasons why you ended up with a vague response from the hotel, and it could be partly because I may not have stressed the correct terminology used.

1. The term is 'Day Use' Rate - not Day Rental. Whilst it may seem close enough, an inexperienced staff could quite easily assume you mean for the whole 'day and night'.

2. They may not offer Day Use, but if this was the case, they would state "we don't have Day Use rates available in our hotel".

3. Where exactly did you see availability on the date you wanted your Day Use? If its on the hotel site, that's odd. If its on a third party site, they may be just politely be saying sorry but no.

You have a coupe of options.

If you don't mind a little commute into the city, then you can still consider a Day Use rate at a hotel in the city. The commute itself will help squash an hour off your total waiting time.

OR

You can book for a whole night at the airport hotel, and check out when you're ready to leave. You simply tell the reception on your way out, that you don't need the room and you're leaving early. No need to explain this when you checkin or when you book (Infact you don't even need to tell them anything, as far as they're concerned, you've paid for the night anyways). The advantage of this, is that if for any reason your flight is cancelled, you've actually got the room until the next morning.

I'd try one more time emailing the hotel and ask them if they have Day Use rates available. And if they don't understand, call them and ask for a manager.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 10:54
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,826 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there any hourly Perth Airport hotels / transit lounges?

Wait wait wait.

I just rang someone from their regional office.

It's not an Ibis. It's an Ibis Budget.

It's their old Formulae One, so they are unlikely to have a Day Use rate available. It's not worth their while lowering an already low rate, and they don't have housekeeping staff on site 24hrs like other airport Ibis properties, so they can't turn their rooms around at night.

So you may have to consider the other options suggested - they are suitable for you.