We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parmelia Hilton - nearby?

Atlantic Beach...
Level Contributor
102 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Parmelia Hilton - nearby?

I am staying at the Parmelia this Friday and Saturday, with no access to a car. I nderstand the park is nearby - any other suggestions on things to do or dining? I am open to taking public transportation. Thanks for your thoughts!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parmelia Hilton - nearby?

You will be within walking distance of Kings Park and Barrack Street Jetty (where you can take a ferry over to South Perth or take a ferry to Fremantle or Rottnest Island or walk to the zoo and/or along the riverfront). You're a very short walk from the Esplanade train station and busport, so lots of public transport practically at your doorstep.

The Perth CBD dining scene has improved hugely in the past few years - some options I've just recently discovered - Jamie's (as in Jamie Oliver - ate there today, lovely, but do book) and The Stables Bar (nice restaurant upstairs).

Your hotel has a very nice wine bar as well as a so-so restaurant, and a decent steakhouse and a couple of pubs in the basement. The Adina (hotel, a short walk from the Hilton near the river) has a popular restaurant called The Metro (I think that's the name).

Lots of options within a short walk.

Atlantic Beach...
Level Contributor
102 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parmelia Hilton - nearby?

Thank you! I walked to Kings Park and took the ferry to Rottnest Island. You contribution was very helpful.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parmelia Hilton - nearby?

No worries, I hope you enjoyed Perth.

4. Re: Parmelia Hilton - nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18