We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

perth in april

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
perth in april

my partner,my 12 year old daughter and myself will be traveling to perth at the beginning April from the uk for 2 weeks. we will be staying with family just outside fremantle. While we are there i would like to visit Caversham wildlife park, Kings park and fremantle prison, but would like to know if there is any other places that we should visit? also what are the temperatures like this time of year? i have never traveled outside of the uk so this is my first holiday overseas so would like to make the most of it

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: perth in april

Temps at the beginning of April should be glorious - mid 20's. We have been known to experience low to mid 30's still for maybe the first week and if I recall correctly, this past April was very mild with little rain.

As you are only here for 2 weeks and staying with family, I would have thought they would have plenty of things in mind for you.

There are plenty of places to visit, it just depends on your interests. Have a look at the Perth trip ideas - day trips to the right as you face your (non phone) screen for some ideas.

As a start, you could consider:

A day trip by train to Mandurah.

A day trip by Ferry to Rottnest Island.

Check out the WA Museum in the CBD (Perth Central Business District)

Spend the whole day exploring Fremantle - not just the prison. There is an excellent walking trail/route.

Check out westernaustralia.com/en/Things_to_See_and_Do…

That web site has plenty of other suggestions for you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,406 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: perth in april

This list may also assist you regarding what to do in Perth.

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i18830-Getti…

Enjoy Perth !

Edited: 26 November 2013, 23:17
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: perth in april

I'd recommend Hillary's boat harbour to the north of the city if you have access to a car. There's a boardwalk and plenty of shops and cafes/restaurants/icecream places, plus a small fun park, mini golf, water slides and a great (safe) place to go swimming :)

Alice Springs
Level Contributor
141 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: perth in april

Where "just outside Fremantle" are you staying? I would suggest a trip to Rockingham which is only 30 minutes south of Freo to have lunch at the foreshore and perhaps explore Penguin Island - ferry trip. Also Hilary's as suggested above. I can't remember the name exactly but there is an Aquarium there which I found to be great fun. It will be a lovely time of year to visit - Enjoy! Oh and definitely Rottnest for a day trip.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: perth in april

we are staying in Willetton so not to far away from fremantle at all, i just had a look at penguin island and it looks really good so will add that to my list of places to visit.

im so looking forward to the trip :-)

6. Re: perth in april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 05:16