We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twilight Hawkers Market - Yum!

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
254 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Twilight Hawkers Market - Yum!

Hi all!

Just thought I'd highlight this to visitors and Perthies alike. :)

The Twilight Hawkers Market in Forest Place is a must do over summer. I'm actually surprised at how many people don't know about this and thus I've submitted an 'Attraction' request to TA.

I went there for the first time last Friday, even though it's been running for 3 years now, and I was amazed at the food on offer. I spent about $50 going from stall to stall sampling the various offerings until I couldnt fit another bite in. LOL

Now I can't remember the names of the stalls however I sampled the following foods: Spanish - chicken paella ($10), Moroccan - chicken tajin(e) with cous cous ($12), Malay: chicken satay ($2 ea) and Spain - Churro ($4) filled with chocolate sauce (yum!!!).

I tried an Italian Arrancini ($4?) but it was too salty and not so nice. I tried a meat Murtabak ($12) and it was nowhere as good as the ones in KL.

The most popular stall was the El Asador, Argentinian BBQ. There was a massive queue there the entire time. Will have to try this next Friday.

The Churro filled with chocolate sauce is a must! I prefer the filled Churro's to the ones you have to dip in the sauce.

There are so many stalls and some countries are represented twice.

It is very crowded and some stalls have long queues. You may have to wait about 5 minutes or more to get served at some stalls, but its usually worth the wait.

There is live entertainment too.

If you do go, as it is very crowded please keep close guard on your valuables (wallets, phones, bags etc).

Just Google search for the official website to get more info.

Enjoy! :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Twilight Hawkers Market - Yum!

I sgree, it's one of the best events in the city. Open every Friday evening. The salted caramel ice creams are incredibly good too.

http://twilighthawkersmarket.com/

2. Re: Twilight Hawkers Market - Yum!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 06:18