We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 day itinerary in perth

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
6 day itinerary in perth

Hi everyone, I am going to Perth with by bf from 27/7/14 (sun) to 31/7/14 (Fri) and below is my itinerary..

Day 1 Sun- reach around 2pm +

Plan to stay in Fremantle, do i still have the time to visit Fremantle market after all the check out?

Day 2 Mon- Perth city tour- stay in Fremantle

Green House, Kings Park, Bell tower, Perth Royal Show

Day 3- Tue- Fremantle city tour- stay in Fremantle

Fremantle Prison, Roundhouse, Maritime Museum

Day 4 Wed- Mandurah, Bunbury and Busselton (rent a car) stay in margaret river

Simmos Ice Cream – Bunbury – Busselton: Busselton Jetty – Margaret River: Leeuwin Estate, Voyager Estate

Day 5 Thursday- Margaret River (rent a car) stay in margaret river

Boranup Forest, Hamelin Bay – Augusta: Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse – Margaret River: Margaret River Chocolate Company, Margaret River Providore, Cape Lavender, Duckstein Brewery, Vasse Felix, Cullen Estate-The Larder, Margaret River Dairy Co

To York city if poosible

Day 6 Fri- Flight depart at 4pm+

So what do think with my itinerary?

Or should I change my day 4 and 5 to:

DAy 4- Rottnest Island

Day 5-Caversham Wildlife Park/ Swan River (rent a car)

Or can I combine city tour of Perth and Fremantle in day 2 & 3 in one day and spare another day for Caversham Wildlife Park? as I would like to see kangaroo.

Shall I stay in Perth or Fremantle?

This is my first time in Western country, I would like to experience the culture of Australia..eg: wine..kangaroo..

Really appreciate your advice on this.

Oh Hey WA
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours
Two Feet & A Heartbeat
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours
Captain Cook Cruises
Multi-day Tours, City Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Tours with a Twist
City Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,321 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 day itinerary in perth

Day 1- "do i still have the time to visit Fremantle market after all the check out"

Not a lot, if you get in at 2pm you probably won't get out of the airport much before 3pm, then say 40mins by taxi to Freo, markets close at 6pm (winding down before that though) so maybe two good hours and half a winding down hour.

Day 2- the Perth Royal Show is only on during the September school holidays

Day 3- you could conceivably combine this with day 2

Day 4- Be aware that July is the middle of winter and there may well be cold, wet, blustery weather, which may impact on your enjoyment of Busselton Jetty

Day 5 - I feel exhausted just reading this

Day 6- So you're planning to leave Margaret River early enough to get to the airport two hours before check in time? Allow 4 1/2 hours to include meal/comfort breaks.

What do you mean "York city"? If the town of York, it is 100km east of Perth and nowhere near Margaret River.

You could work in a day at Caversham, there are kangaroos wild at Margaret River which you are likely to see but you can't approach them.

If the weather is horrendous ferries to Rottnest will be curtailed or cancelled.

Personally I prefer Fremantle to stay in as I find it more walkable than Perth but that is changing.

Bring warm clothes and umbrellas or raincoats as it may be wet (we hope).

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 day itinerary in perth

Thanks for your reply..York foodie..so the revised itinerary is as below:

Day 1- Fremantle market- cheaper to take cab or public transport?

Day 2-perth n Fremantle city tour...morning visit Fremantle prison, museum and roundhouse. Afternoon-bell tower and kings park

Day 3- mandurah, bunberry n busselton -rent car

Day 4- Margaret river- boranup forest, cape leeuwin lighthouse, Margaret river providore , m.r. Chocolate co, cape lavender, duck stein brewery, vase Felix, Cullen estate- any suggestion where to visit

Day 5- Margaret river co and caver sham wildlife park- stay in perth or Fremantle? Or should move to day 3 so can stay in either Fremantle or m.r. Continuously....

Day 6- sight seeing in perth or Fremantle

As this is budget trip, we budget accomodation around aud100. Any suggestion for that?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,321 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 day itinerary in perth

Public transport is always cheaper but not nearly as convenient. For getting to Fremantle from the airport I'd go for a cab every time though.

You can't really visit Margaret River and Caversham in the same day. Check a map. They're about 4 hours apart.

Is that $100per person or $100 total for a room? If the second, excuse me while I roll around on the floor laughing. Even in low season accommodation in WA tends to be rather more expensive than that. You might get a bed in a youth hostel for under $100.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 day itinerary in perth

Stay in Fremantle first two nights-taxi from airport. Train to city on Day 2.

Fremantle recommend Little Creatures for a drink ( plenty of non alcoholic drinks,) after your quick visit to the markets on Sunday afternoon.

Hire car and go to MR Day 3-5. Back to Perth and stay CBD or similar areas. Day 6 take car to Caversham then drop car at airport for your afternoon flight.

Although winter you might score some fine days and even if raining can be fun being out and about in the elements and usually isn't too cold.

As Yorkfoodie said, budget accommodation is still expensive. Think a private room in a hostel will be your best bet. Check reviews on TA (other accommodation tab) and other sites.

This one is a great location- http://www.piratesbackpackers.com.au. But have no personal experience.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,669 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 day itinerary in perth

Another vote for staying in Fremantle.

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i18830-Trip_…

wotif.com/hotels/australia-perth-hotels.html

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 day itinerary in perth

If kangaroos are high on your list, you may be interested to know that you can almost always see lots of kangaroos at most of the golf courses in Perth, and there are lots of public golf courses - this is where I take our visitors to see them. Of course they are wild creatures which usually will hop away from you, but you shouldn't try to get too close anyway as they can get quite big and even aggressive at times, esp the males.

Another popular spot for kangaroo watching (oddly enough) is Pinnaroo Valley Park which is actually a cemetery but its not obvious as there are no headstones - natural bushland, grass, lakes, big native trees and lots of wild birds in a peaceful park setting, even a coffee shop. It is about 25 kilometres north of the main city which might be feasible if you have a hire car as its right alongside the main northern freeway near to Whitfords train station and there is no access fee.

Malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 day itinerary in perth

Hi.. I plan to stay in Perth for 6 days 5 nights. there are lots of things that come in my mind.I really want to go to many places but i m not sure is there enough time for me. Here are some places that i really want to go. Can anyone help me to organize my trip..really need helps...My flight will be on 14/12 at 1200am.thanks

Caversham Wildlife farm

Fremantle-include (fremantle prison, shooping at E-shed)

Yanchep National Park

Lancelin Sand Dunes

Pinnacles Desert

N last i want to see dolphin pegiun n ect..

Edited: 27 November 2014, 08:44
England
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 day itinerary in perth

Hi purplegirl2014 and welcome to Tripadvisor!

You would be better posting this separately as a new post and then I feel sure you will gets lots of helpful information from the locals and other experts. It would probably help to say where you will be staying if you have booked accommodation yet and presumably you will hire a car.

Enjoy your holiday :)

9. Re: 6 day itinerary in perth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Perth
Recent Conversations