We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

Hi all,

I'm planning a long weekend in perth it's going to be our first trip there.

I've been looking those hotels: Fraser suites, Adina apartments (barrack), duxton and pan pacific.

We are 2 couples, we can share a 2 bedroom apartment or rent our own suites, not too fussy about it. We want to stay close to town, so we can walk to restaurants, bars, cafés, clubs, etc.

So my question is which area should I concentrate my searches? I know I don't have much time as it's a busy time, that's why I'm here seeking some advice.

It's just for 3 nights 4 days so we want to stay in the city and then discover the area around us.

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,921 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

Of the hotels you've listed, Adina Barrack is closer to the city centre than the others. But it really comes down to your *main* priority, your taste and budget.

If location and proximity to the city centre is a must, then several others can also be considered; Mantra on Murray, Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, Rydges, are all very conveniently located.

If style and class of hotel is your priority, Fraser Suites is beautiful apartment styled property, and The Richardson is a perfect compromise between a traditional hotel, and an apartment - quite possibly the best in Perth. If you're simply after a traditional full service hotel, the Pan Pacific is a wonderful selection.

Just so you're aware, Pan Pacific is about a 20min walk to the city centre, and Fraser Suites about 35mins.

Now is a good time to consider booking, as the prices for Easter has yet to be adjusted. Many of the above - with the exception of The Richardson - are averaging between AUD$160-250 per night, which is fantastic value for a Perth over Easter.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

At this stage I have to say that location (being close to town) is our number one priority , followed closely by a nice accommodation with good amenities.

20 and 30 minutes walk is a bit too much, so I will cross those off my list. Thanks for the heads up!

I'll check mantra and holiday inn.

Thanks again!

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

Easter time in Perth can be great as many locals head down south so the place has a nice relaxed vibe. Lots of excellent bars and restaurants are in the city now. Don't forget to head to Fremantle for an afternoon/evening. It's very easy on the train.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

Hi Adriana

Welcome to Perth! (As Easter is the longest break, lots of locals flee Perth and will be heading south to Mandurah, Margaret River region or Albany/Denmark.) What sort of things are high on your To Do list while you are here?

Although Perth now has more restaurants and cafes than a few years ago in the main CBD area where you are considering accommodation, the main restaurant and night life part of Perth is considered by many to be in Northbridge, just north of the city, over the railway line.

Lots of visitors alternately book accommodation in the port of Fremantle to take advantage of the Freo markets, marinas, waterside restaurants/bars (like the original Little Creatures Brewery) beaches (like Leighton) and coastal maritime atmosphere there, and do 25 min train trip directly to Perth to see the city area, Swan River and Kings Park.

Have a quick look at the Esplanade Hotel Fremantle for example:

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g285726-d283…

Either place will work as a long weekend base but its worth some consideration in your planning.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

Another reason to visit Fremantle is the annual Street Arts Festival. The program isn't out yet but it's usually very entertaining. …wa.gov.au/festivals/street_arts_festival

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

I'm trying to decide between Duxton, Ridges and Adina

Any advice?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,921 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

You're sort of comparing very different products.

The Duxton and Rydges are traditional full service hotels, whereas the Adina is a limited service apartment hotel.

The Duxton is a higher rated and overall a better product than Rydges. The one thing Rydges has as it's selling point is location. Adina is the highest brand within Toga Hospitality, and as such their apartments are quite stylish and mostly very modern. It's Barrack St location is also a plus for many.

It really comes down to what you prefer to do - share an apartment and have kitchen and laundry facilities, or have your own room without those faculties but wider range of services.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 11:45
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,921 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

Edit timeout -

Apologies, that's supposed to read 'facilities' not faculties. Hate my phone

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,465 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

We've stayed in both Adinas (the other is near the river and Exhibition Center, also very well located, we stayed there for six weeks several years ago). Both properties are in the CBD - both have two bedroom apartments, which would work for your group. I'd choose one of them over a hotel, personally.

10. Re: Easter long weekend- hotel/nightlife/location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:17