We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

Hi I'm looking at accommodation in Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough (arrive Friday leave Sunday) in April 2014 for my husband's birthday. We have friends that live just north of Bunbury so plan to visit some wineries with them on the Saturday and drop by their place on the Sunday on our way back to Perth.

My friend said wineries would be easily accessible from Busselton and Dunsborough. We would like to be walking distance to some restaurants. Any recommendations on places to stay? As it's school holidays I've noticed rooms are more expensive and booking up very quickly so I know I need to make a decision soon.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, we got married in January and are in our mid 20s. Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

You are certainly right that April accommodation will be at an absolute premium this year, with school holidays starting April 12 to 27, Easter Good Friday 18 April, and the Anzac long weekend on Friday 25. Hardly anyone will be left in Perth ! :)

There are lots of wineries in the Dunsborough/Cape Leeuwin area. We have had some lovely lunches at Wise Wine, with a great view out to the coast over the hills. https://www.wisewine.com.au/

Its worth calling in to the Dunsborough Visitor Centre for some free maps:

geographebay.com/book/tours/dunsborough/duns…

What is your budget for this trip? Back packer or luxury like Bunker Bay:

pullmanhotels.com/gb/…index.shtml

This site may help with accommodation:

stayz.com.au/accommodation/…dunsbor

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
185 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

We are staying in busselton In April find its not to far from winery's has a lovely beach. We stay at Broadwater but not to many restaurants nearby. A couple and a food hall. Dunsborough not too far away maybe 20 minstrels and and a bit closer to winery's. Need to book now .Where ever you stay

3. Re: Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 11:05
4. Re: Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 11:05
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

Thanks for your reply, any recommendations for places to stay in Dunsborough? Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
185 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

sorry about the 3 replies not sure what happened. I'm not sure but I know the main-shopping centre has places to eat. Not sure what accomodation is near. I found that we would eat at a winery or brewery for lunch and have a snack dinner so didn't need to be walkable to restaurants. maybe a Dunsborough visitor site might give you an idea

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

There are some Dunsborough accommodation links already posted on this thread. Alternately the Dunsborough Visitor Centre may be able to assist you.

geographebay.com/book/tours/dunsborough/duns…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

http://www.geographebay.com is a great site for everything in the area from Bunbury down to Margaret River.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

Not sure what availability is but we had a great weekend at Yallingup Luxury Retreat a while back. This is a set of lovely individually decorated places just off Marrinup Rd, quite close to Yallingup off Caves Rd. A each there was a large one bedroom cottage with full kitchen, lounge, and big spa bathroom. Each one also included an adjacent separate studio room which just had a kettle, microwave and toaster, but still had a large spa bath and was beautifully appointed, but cheaper than the main cottage. We asked if they rented them out separately and they said they did. There was a restaurant attached to the whole group. Maybe give them a call and see if any are available?

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g488371-d578…

Busselton, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bunbury, Busselton or Dunsborough accommodation

Hi there,

We are the local visitor advice service (free service), it's great to see that some other posters have already recommended our website as a resource, at www.geographebay.com.

There are some great suggestions here, and the only thing I would add is perhaps recommending that you have a look at the special offers we have listed on our website here: http://www.geographebay.com/recharge-deals

We've also put together our top recommendations for couples in the region this autumn, which you can find here: geographebay.com/couples-escapes-to-geograph…

If you would like some one-to-one free advice by phone or email, you can get in touch with us via (08) 9752 5800 / getaway@geographebay.com

We hope you enjoy your trip!

Best wishes,

Jenny - Geographe Bay Tourism Association