We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed for Perth itinerary!

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed for Perth itinerary!

Hi all!

Will be heading to Perth for the first time with my friends (9 of us in total) for 6D5N during the first week of Aug 2014, would appreciate recommendations on accommodation and places to visit!

The thing is - We only have ONE driver amongst so I think it will be pretty impossible for us to drive around...?

We are considering service apartments but will have to split into 2 apartments cos I don't think one apartment can fit 9 of us.

We were thinking of spending a night or two out of the city actually, cos we heard there's nothing much to do in the city...

Places we have on our list so far:

King's Park

Fremantle Market

Fremantle Prison

Cottesloe beach

Should we take up a one/two day tour to eg. Margaret river, Cape Leeuwin lighthouse & Busselton Jetty?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help needed for Perth itinerary!

You guys have been a great help to me! Really appreciate it, thank you soooo much! Looking forward to my trip! :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Help needed for Perth itinerary!

If you have a vehicle it will be much better for you, without one you will restrict yourselves to the city or coach tours.

my must do's would be kings park, take boat from barrack st to Fremantle (go on a friday, sat or sun). Do the city tram tour it's a great way to see the city in a day, you can hop on or off as you see something you like. That takes care of 2 nights. Then hire a car for the rest of your stay, take a day to go north to the pinnacles then drive back to Perth along the coast, some great scenery, if it's a sunny day stop at Guilderton and get some photos. Stop for dinner at theboat in Mindarie on your way back (you can do the pinnacles by a tour which also takes you sandboarding at Lancelin). Take a day to do the Swan valley, great wineries, chocolate factories and breweries only 40 mins from the city.

Rottnest is beautiful but not in the heart of winter.

if there is an AFL game on and you can get tickets thengo the atatmosphere is great.

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Help needed for Perth itinerary!

Have you sorted out the accommodation and transport yet?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help needed for Perth itinerary!

There's a cool thing to do up in the Swan Valley if you like wine and chocolate :-) The Margaret River Providore, sister company of the Chocolate co. does Wine and Chocolate tastings for $30 and you get a bottle of really awesome chocolate liqueur included in that. They're worth $25 so its a good deal, perfect for making Espresso Martinis at home. I did it with Moccona! All the info is here

providore.com.au/announcements/new-wine-choc… and to book click the Master Classes tab on the side.

You'll need to drive I think, though. Busses out to the swan valley are a bit difficult. But use Google Maps and see if there's a bus stop nearby, and look up the timetable on transperth's website.

Ipswich, England...
Level Contributor
429 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Help needed for Perth itinerary!

With the limited time you have, you should find enough to do in Perth, Fremantle and surrounding areas.

There are free buses that operate in Perth, you might want to check them out.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Help needed for Perth itinerary!

The red, blue, yellow and green CAT buses are free - map attached:

…wa.gov.au/TimetablesMaps/PerthCATLiveTimes.…

Avoid at peak times midweek of course, as they will be full of commuters but otherwise are a very cost effective way to see the Perth city area.

Edited: 09 May 2014, 17:01
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Help needed for Perth itinerary!

Tydenise, pls do share your itinerary after the trip, I planning to have a 6days 5nights at Perth as well. Wish you have a fun n safe trip in advance.

Tq

18. Re: Help needed for Perth itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 06:16