We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth in June for 10 days

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Perth in June for 10 days

Hi Everyone

Just looking for some advice. Myself and my boyfriend are going to Perth for 10 days in June, just wondering as I know it's coming into Winter season there what is there to do and how much money should I budget for? Accommodation is looked after so it's just spending money.

Thanks again

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth in June for 10 days

Even though it will be winter you will most likely have some lovely fine, sunny days when you can get out and about and explore. If it does rain (here's hoping) then usually coastal front followed by fine conditions. Have a look for ideas at the top right hand section of the forum, plus go through previous posts.

If you are outdoor people then plenty to do and see -eg King Park, ride around river, go for a walk along the beach paths (eg Cottesloe), bike ride at Rottnest, wander Fremantle on the weekend. wine tour at the Swan Valley. For night life the CBD is becoming more vibrant (places are great but expensive). Other areas which are popular with young ones would include Leederville, Mt Lawley, Maylands, Subiaco.

Several days at Margaret River would be great to explore that lovely part of the state, but you really a car and 2 night stay to have a bit of a look around.

Perth is quite expensive for dining out and entertainment so be prepared. The cafe scene is very popular-especially brunch on the weekend so that is a pleasant 'local' thing to do. You could spend around $25 per person for breakfast and coffee or two-though am sure there are cheaper places. Glass of wine at a nice wine bar would be $8/10. You can get some delicious Asian food (eg in Northbridge) which will be cheaper.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth in June for 10 days

Winter in Perth is still enviable for visitors from colder climates - you can expect daytime temperatures of around 19 - 20 degrees C and night time lows of 9 -10 degrees. It never, ever snows, but we do hope we get some rain for the farmers and to top our dams. There might be a cold breeze some days, but behind a car windscreen you may be peeling off your jumper! Pack light long sleeved tops, jeans and a couple of warmer layers of tops for cold days and the evening.

Where will you be staying while in Perth? Did you plan to hire a car? What sort of things do you like to do?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,669 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth in June for 10 days

This list may also assist you regarding what to do etc.etc.

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i18830-Trip_…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth in June for 10 days

Rottnest island would be lovely in june, as its not school holidays so it wont be too busy. To stay on the island contact the island tourist authority. Otherwise get the ferry at freemantle for a day trip...I think its around $75 now, so better to stay a night and hire some bikes, and hang out at the pub in the evening....in perth ask some young people in the street for some night time venue ideas...they will be pleased to help.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth in June for 10 days

Our winter here is Perth is most likely like your summer in Ireland hahaha. If you're looking for a great local brewery with craft beers and fresh ciders head to the ironbark brewery for a true Aussie experience.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,321 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth in June for 10 days

Rottnest in June can be quite cold and wet so be prepared :-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth in June for 10 days

I would not go to Rotto if the forecast is wet and cold - too limiting without a car. Never again, only in good weather.

8. Re: Perth in June for 10 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Perth
Recent Conversations