We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation near children hospital (princess margaret)

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation near children hospital (princess margaret)

We are 2 nurses moving to Perth of work in the princess margaret childrens hospital are dont know where to live. Are there any nice areas near to hospital or anyone that can recommend a nice area that has good transport links?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,033 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation near children hospital (princess margaret)

Pretty well any area near Princess Margaret would be nice to live in; it's right in one of the better suburbs.

Here's a link to the public transport system to assist your research in places closely linked by public transport. The Route 28 bus and the free Yellow Cat bus both stop near PMH, anywhere you can easily get into the city from to link up with either service would also work.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation near children hospital (princess margaret)

If you are still looking, PMH is located in an inner city area so most places really close by are quite expensive.

The suburb of Subiaco may be worth looking into for rent opportunities - to travel on the train is free for one stop so this could be cost effective for public transport.

Nearby you might consider the areas of Leederville, Jolimont and Daglish - also not far from PMH. As you will find out when you move here, Perth is still very car-centric for transport unfortunately. I would not recommend young women to travel alone after about 9pm on public transport which is not frequent like in some bigger cities.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation near children hospital (princess margaret)

I have always stayed in a place a short while before making a commitment as to where to live...when I came to adelaide many years ago I stayed in a caravan park for 6 weeks until I got my bearings and learned the suburbs and the nice spots. Subiaco is verrry expensive now to rent...but perth has great transport and the train along the mitchell freeway is super effecient. Doesnt the hospital have a nurses quarters you could stay a month or so until you find a place? My advice is first find somewhere to stay, then after you are settled into work, find somewhere to live...it will all fall into place, and only you can choose something thats right for you.....good luck and congrats on new job....and what a wonderful place it is also...helped some members of my family. ♡

4. Re: Accomodation near children hospital (princess margaret)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:16