We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking & Accomodation at Cottesloe

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
302 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Parking & Accomodation at Cottesloe

Hi there

I'm about to rent an apartment at 14/108 Broome St Cottesloe (the cross junction of Broome St & Loma St) for 4 nights in May. I checked Google street maps but didn't see any building on site. Can I just check whether this building exist?

Also, I was advised to park along the streets. I would like to check how the cost and payment is like for parking in the vicinity.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,273 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking & Accomodation at Cottesloe

Well, you can't have looked on Google maps properly because I'm looking at a picture of a moderately large, at least 30 years old block of flats with a sign out the front which says "108 Broome St".

Look again at the junction, see the flats and go around the corner into Loma St which is the direction the block faces.

There is angle parking on the street with no signage as to time limits or fees.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 13:44
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking & Accomodation at Cottesloe

I don't think there is a cost to park in that street - parking fees usually apply closer to the beachfront, next to the shops and restaurants.in Marine Parade.

Fortunately most areas of Perth were developed after owning vehicles became usual so most houses have parking for cars, so streets are less congested than many older cities.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking & Accomodation at Cottesloe

Dont put your address even temporary on the internet...the street would have sufficed.. the council book you in cottesloe and steeply! BEWARE

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking & Accomodation at Cottesloe

There are no parking fees at Cottesloe Beach. I don't know where Kerry got that idea from.There are however time limits. Check the signs re parking on the side street. Residents are allocated permits. The owner of the property you intend to rent should have a pass for your vehicle.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking & Accomodation at Cottesloe

Maybe there needs to be a clarification about the format of the street address. OP, in case you didn't know, the format "XX/YYY Some Street" means Unit XX within the building, and the YYY is the street number. So when searching the likes of Google Maps, only use the "YYY Some St" part.

6. Re: Parking & Accomodation at Cottesloe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 05:17