We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there a need to book tickets for fremantle prison tunnels

Singapore
8 posts
Save Topic
is there a need to book tickets for fremantle prison tunnels

Hi all, is there a need to book tickets for fremantle prison tunnels? on the website it says that advance booking is required.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,773 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there a need to book tickets for fremantle prison tunnels

Well, if anyone would know surely it would be the business operator.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there a need to book tickets for fremantle prison tunnels

When I went there a few years ago, "advanced booking" meant that you could just book an hour in advance if there were spots available. But it was a quiet day outside of peak tourist periods. I guess it depends on whether it's something you REALLY want to do, or if you wouldn't be too unhappy if it turns out to be fully booked.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,773 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is there a need to book tickets for fremantle prison tunnels

I would imagine too that if there were no advance bookings for a particular day, they may decide not to run the tour.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is there a need to book tickets for fremantle prison tunnels

Was just there the other day. We didn't prebook. Various tours to choose from and run often enough, so I don't believe it is a worry.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,813 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is there a need to book tickets for fremantle prison tunnels

Dulcette is your experience specific to the actual "tunnels" tours ? or just all the many tours available for the jail itself ?

The tunnels are for small groups only and require a different guide than the rest of the jail.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is there a need to book tickets for fremantle prison tunnels

I would just call them up the day you wish to go personally. It is really going to depend if school or other tours have the place hopping busy. It wasn't very busy the day we went and were offered the tunnel tour but we only did the doing time tour, as our knees aren't the greatest and my husband is over 6'

7. Re: is there a need to book tickets for fremantle prison tunnels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 07:16