We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth

Orange, California
2 posts
Save Topic
Perth

Will be Perth end of February 2015. We have 4 nights before flhing out. I would appreciate recommenation on accommodation and car rental and sight seeing for two people.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth

There are several good suggestions in this traveller article especially to help people like you, coming to Perth for the first time:

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g255103-c137216/Pe…

Enjoy!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth

Be sure to get a place with air conditioning!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth

Car rental - there are the usual big players - Avis , Hertz, Europcar, but for cost/value many people will recommend Bayswater hire Cars.

Accommodation - your budget? preferences?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,584 posts
1,604 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth

Hi,

For accommodation check out wotif for rates & availability. Perth is always heavily booked so make sure you plan ahead to avoid any disappointment.

wotif.com/hotels/australia-perth-hotels.html

For what to do.

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i18830-Trip_…

Also read all the FAQ's located on your right hand screen they are full of useful information.

Perth
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth

Crown Metropol is the best place to stay, especially that time of year - it will be HOT and the resort pool is beautiful. If u want to be more centrally located in the CBD try Parmelia Hilton, not as fancy but good price and walking distance to great bars and restaurants.

perth
Level Contributor
3 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth

Perth is nice enough but for sight seeing it's pretty average compared to the rest of the world. Kings Park then Cotttesloe Beach for one day is nice but if you really want a feel for WA, hire a car and do B&B down to Margaret River wineries, tree top walks, caves etc. Lot's to do and see down there.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth

Hi,

wanna ask we will touch down perth airport at 5.15am but hotels dont allow us to check in so early,so where can i bring 2 toddlers for a place for breakfast and rest since perth cafes dont open so early ???

Albany, Australia
Level Contributor
617 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perth

Corrine - you will get more responses if you start a new post with your questions.

However, if you touch down at 5.15 am, by the time you get through immigration, customs and take a taxi to the city (I presume - you don't say), then it will be closer to 7 am.

By which time you will find a cafe open. If you let us know where you're staying, then we can advise you more easily about what's available close by. Maybe your hotel has a cafe?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,146 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perth

If you're travelling with two toddlers, my advice would be that you Pre-Register your hotel room from the night before.

Best case scenario, you are out and about with your toddlers for 9hrs, which isn't easy under normal circumstances, let alone off a flight which took off near midnight.

Entirely your prerogative of course.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Perth

sorry i dont know to create new post :( ... we living in quest harbour village hotel ist, i was thinking go to kings park to rest but scared might be too cold....got nearby cafe?