We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth 31st May - 7th June

singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Perth 31st May - 7th June

Dear all,

I am heading Perth this 31st May (sat) till 7th Jun.

Its going to be a family trip with includes 7 of us ( Myself, Mum + Aunt, My sis and bro in law and 2 kids - 9 and 5 year old respectively)

As we will not be driving, thus I am trying to plan stuffs that I can take advantage with public transport.

I heard that Perth does have good public transport that we might be able to move around easily.

I have research some of the post here and come up with a Itinerary draft.

Please feel free to comment and suggest. Thank you in advance :)

31st May(Sat): Arrived airport ard 5pm. Will catch a taxi to Mont Claire apartment.

(190 Hay Street, Perth, Western Aust 6004)

- Will most prob shop ard the area. Can anyone advise if there is any shopping mall or supermart ard the area? wanted to shop for some stuffs or have a simple dinner

1st Jun (Sun): Fremantle / Swan River

2nd Jun (Mon): Harbourtown

3rd Jun (Tues): Kings' Park/ SciTech

4th Jun (Wed): Hillary's Boat Harbour

5th Jun (Thurs): Rottnest - day trip

6th Jun (Fri): ?? Maybe some last min shopping or sight seeing. Any suggestions?

7th Jun (Sat): Heading back to Singapore

Feel free to suggest. Will definitely need all your suggestion.

Oh btw I know it would be winter during the period. May I know how cold the winter would be during this period?

Thanks in advance.

singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Perth 31st May - 7th June

Thank you all for the information. I will take note.

Btw I happen to find out the 2nd June is public holiday - Foundation day.

Will area of attractions be affected?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Perth 31st May - 7th June

<you are so enlightened 70's grrrl>

Nope, we've just always been a 1-car family, but if I win Lotto it's a Town Car & driver for me! :)

jk- since 2 June is a public holiday, public transport and shop hours will be changed but most places will be open. Be aware that restaurants & cafes often charge more on holidays too (because they have to pay their staff more)

Edited: 01 May 2014, 00:40
singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Perth 31st May - 7th June

Dear all,

In view of us not driving, we planned to do some day tour.

We found this Aussie perth tours

https:/…

And shortlisted the follow tour

Day tour

- Margaret River & Winery Tour

- Wave Rock & York Tour

Half day tour

- Swan Valley, Caversham Wildlife & Chocolate factory

Can anyone suggest if this tour is reliable and if the tours we shortlisted are worth going?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,570 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Perth 31st May - 7th June

No idea as to reliability as I don't use tours, but the itineraries seem somewhat rushed, with you spending a lot of time on the road and I expect you would get back exhausted.

The drive to Margaret River will take about 3 1/2 hours, so leaving at 7.30am and assuming lunch at 1pm, you only have 2 hours to spend at Busselton Jetty, the winery, cheese and chocolate places. Allow an hour for lunch with your arrival back in Perth at 7pm, you have about an hour and a half to spend in MR itself.

Similarly the drive to Wave Rock will take about 4 1/2 hours. Leaving at 7.30am and returning at 7.30pm, you would need to finish your lunch by about 3pm to get back in time. So lunch (which seems to be the last thing on the itinerary) would be, I'm guessing, about 2pm. That leaves you 2 hours to see Wave Rock, the Hippo's Yawn, shop for souvenirs and I'm guessing you just drive past everything else mentioned.

The half day tour would also be IMO a little rushed, with three hours to visit Caversham, the MR Chocolate shop and a winery. You could easily spend three or more hours at Caversham alone.

Not sure all the rushing about would appeal to me but if you don't drive you're between a rock and a hard place I guess.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Perth 31st May - 7th June

I agree, Margaret River & Wave Rock would be far too much time spent on the bus and not worth it.

What do you want to see in the Swan Valley? The Chocolate Factory is really just a café. though they are generous with free samples. If it's Caversham Wildlife Park, I agree that more time is required. You can get there by public transport. I've never done it but a poster here mentioned doing it some time ago and they seemed to think it wasn't too difficult. You'd need to check the bus timetable carefully. These directions are from their website. I checked them with the Transperth website and they're correct. You have a short walk into the park from the bus stop..

Train from Perth to Bassendean

Catch bus number 955 or 956 from Bassendean to Ellenbrook,

Get off bus at Whiteman Park.

If you want to visit the wineries, try a separate winery tour or even a cruise. Looks like some of them include the Chocolate factory too.

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g255103…

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g255103…

PS the youngsters might not be welcome on the wine touts, best to check

Edited: 05 May 2014, 01:44
16. Re: Perth 31st May - 7th June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:16