We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket @ Cottesloe & Pinnacles/Yanchep National Park

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
302 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket @ Cottesloe & Pinnacles/Yanchep National Park

Hi all

Would appreciate some advise here:

- i'm staying at 108 Broome St Cottesloe, would like to check whether there are any big supermarkets in the vicinity and the opening hours

- Any good breakfast places near my apartment you could recommend?

- I'm doing a day trip up north, was thinking of going to both Pinnacles & Yanchep National Park but it seems impossible given that the drive to Pinnacles is 3 to 4hours. Was thinking of doing the crystal caves & koala broadwalk at Yanchep National Park but this would mean i would have to miss Pinnacles all in all. Its my 1st time in Perth, any advise pls? If I were to do just Yanchep is there any other things along the way that is worth stopping at/doing since its only a 1hr drive from my apartment?

- i'm also doing another day trip to penguin island, any recommendations for breakfast nearby rockingham before going to penguin island or are there any worthy stop points along the way from perth to rockingham? i wouldn't mind driving slightly further south but not more than another 1.5hrs of drive.

any help would be greatly appreciated! can't wait for my trip :D

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket @ Cottesloe & Pinnacles/Yanchep National Park

For your first couple of questions:

There is Woolworths (major supermarket) at The Grove Shopping Centre, Cottesloe

Address: 460 Stirling Highway

Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Saturday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Sunday 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Also in the vicinity is The Boatshed- excellent pre-prepared meals, fruit and veg plus meats. Top quality but expensive. You can walk to these places from Broome St (15 minutes?).

Breakfast places- several great spots in Cottesloe:

My daughter likes Il Lido http://illido.com.au/ and goes there with friends.

I always like the John St Cafe. http://johnstreetcafe.com.au/

These places are about 10 minute walk from your apartment.

We all like Bib and Tucker at Leighton beach for breakfast and brunch. http://www.bibandtucker.net.au/ From your apartment walk down to the ocean path and join the locals on their strolls and walking to get to Leighton Beach-maybe a 45 minute walk. You could then catch the train back to Cottesloe Station from North Fremantle if you didn't want to walk back.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,663 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket @ Cottesloe & Pinnacles/Yanchep National Park

Plenty of great cafes on the beach front a short walk from your apartment.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket @ Cottesloe & Pinnacles/Yanchep National Park

Penguin Island is closed by 3rd June as it is a wildlife reserve and that's the beginning of the breeding season for the penguins. Other than that, there are penguins at the Perth Zoo as an alternative. If its ocean- going animals that interest you, you could do a day trip to Mandurah - they have $25.00 boat trips there in the estuary with a good chance of seeing dolphins.

The drive to the Pinnacles now takes about 2 hours in both directions since a new road went thru, but i think you would be pushing it to get value from Yanchep National Park as well in the same day unless you start very early for Cervantes. There are park fees for Yanchep and Pinnacles.

From where you are staying, the "sunset coast" drive (beginning at the coast end of Karrinyup Rd and going north) is a nice scenic coastal route for several kilometres, where you can stop and park the car at several places with beach views and the occasional cafe (such as Burns Beach Cafe) along the way. Hillarys Marina is also on this route and is very popular with both visitors and tourists alike.

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket @ Cottesloe & Pinnacles/Yanchep National Park

The address in Broome St is almost opposite the Civic Centre (on the corner of Loma St), so you really are close to the John St cafe. Of course, as already said there are other cafes etc within easy walking distance - you won't be short of them in Cottesloe!

There's also an IGA supermarket in Eric St close to where you'll be. It's not as big as Woolies at The Grove, but it's closer, and is open for longer hours at weekends.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
302 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket @ Cottesloe & Pinnacles/Yanchep National Park

Hi kerry1g,

I will be in perth next week so penguin island will be opened. I'm thinking about taking the dolphin adventure which is abt 80$ per pax. Would you recommend the mandurah boat trip instead?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on cafes! Greatly appreciate it :)

Edited: 03 May 2014, 05:38
6. Re: Supermarket @ Cottesloe & Pinnacles/Yanchep National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:16