We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth GPS Coordinates

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Perth GPS Coordinates

Hi guys, where is a good place to find all the GPS coordinates for places of interest in Perth? Some places which I intend to go cannot be found on my GPS so I want to key in their coordinates instead. Tried Google map but it seems it does not show the GPS coordinates format. Its always in Lat/Long. Thks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,661 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth GPS Coordinates

I would think keying an address in would be easier ?

Edited: 07 May 2014, 01:07
Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,364 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth GPS Coordinates

Hi Extremme, as perfectlyperth said, if you have Navman or equivalent, it's as simple as typing in the address.

If you have a simple GPS, you will need to open Google Earth, type in the place of interest, and the coordinates will appear at the bottom right hand side of your screen.

Robert

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth GPS Coordinates

Thks guys. I am using Garmin GPS. Ahh I did not know Google Earth will have the coordinates. I always used Google Map but the coordinates are not showing in the format for GPS.

I tried keying in the addresses, some of the I can find but not all of them so I need to have their coordinates.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth GPS Coordinates

btw I just tried Google Earth (mobile phone version) however I cannot locate the coordinates... :P

Edited: 07 May 2014, 05:09
Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,364 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth GPS Coordinates

The joys of phone apps, Google Earth shows south and east points on my lap top. In Australian we use east and north points, so you would have to ensure your GPS could convert the E & S points to E & N points.

How old is your GPS, might need an update.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,083 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth GPS Coordinates

I thought this was meant to make things EASIER?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth GPS Coordinates

Anyway I found this link. Looks easier http://www.gps-coordinates.net/

8. Re: Perth GPS Coordinates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:16