We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Perth CBD to Joondalup Shopping Centre

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
train from Perth CBD to Joondalup Shopping Centre

Hi,

I will be staying in Perth CBD and want to take the train to Joondalup shopping centre. Any advice on where the main CBD station is located (which street) and how long it would take.

Do I need to change trains to get to the shopping centre etc. Can I buy tickets at the station etc.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jodie

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from Perth CBD to Joondalup Shopping Centre

<<Any advice on where the main CBD station is located (which street) and how long it would take.>>

the main Perth central station is on Wellington Street - cross st is Forrest Place so easy to find in the city CBD. (The are some roadworks in the general area as they are in the process of sinking the station underground.) It takes about 30 minutes outside rush commuter times depending on time of day.

<<Do I need to change trains to get to the shopping centre etc>>

No, its a direct train on the aptly named Joondalup Line - you just get on in Perth and off at Joondalup station.

<<Can I buy tickets at the station etc.>>

Yes, There are ticket vending machines at most stations but definitely at Perth. Joondalup is in Fare Zone 3 so your ticket needs to cover 3 zones - about $5.10 select 3 zones on the ticket machine and put coins in.

incidentally an all Day Rider ticket costs $11.60 - if you are planning other bus, train or ferry travel that day it can be quite cost effective transport for a whole day. Can only buy these after 9am weekdays, but earlier on a weekend day.

www.transperth.wa.gov.au/TicketsandFares.aspx

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train from Perth CBD to Joondalup Shopping Centre

Thank you for wonderful assistance Kerry. That's Fantastic.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from Perth CBD to Joondalup Shopping Centre

Glad to be of help. Some of us have just got to shop no matter where we are! - its a compulsion, hey!

(Of course you will need to buy at return 3 zone train ticket unless you have a Day Rider.)

I hope Joondalup measures up for you after the choice you have in Melbourne :)

You might also enjoy wandering through the 100+ shops/cafes at Hillarys Boat Harbour too, via the same train line plus bus. HBH is covered in case the weather isnt nice.

- Weekdays you can get a bus from Warwick station. Transfer to the 423 bus which will take you to Hillarys Boat Harbour.

- Weekends bus from Greenwood Train Station. Transfer to the 456 bus which will take you to Hillarys Boat Harbour

Edited: 08 May 2014, 09:42
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
217 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train from Perth CBD to Joondalup Shopping Centre

This is a very easy shopping centre to get to via train! When you get off at the station, you go up the stairs and you are right at the entrance to the shop! Perfect!!

5. Re: train from Perth CBD to Joondalup Shopping Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:16