We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ace car hire?

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Ace car hire?

I have booked a full size car for our December trip..... I have used a broker but can cancel at no lost of money!!

Just reading the email and I put in collect car from airport BUT It is with Ace Car hire which states you have to use a shuttle!!

After flying in from a LONG flight from the UK not sure we want to have to go off site at 1.30am to collect the car and the same with drop off?

Anyone got any thoughts on this?!!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,321 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ace car hire?

Depends on whether you need the car immediately, or could take a taxi to your first night's accommodation then pick up the car the next day. Also not sure Ace would be open that late at night. Be sure about that before you commit.

If you do want the car immediately, is the price so good you couldn't go with one of the airport based renters?

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ace car hire?

Need car straight away!!

Now they saying no other car hire places got a car for our dates!!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ace car hire?

Where is the shuttle taking you to collect the car? Why do you need the car immediately? Give us dates for car hire, may be able to find something for you.

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ace car hire?

Hi shuttle takes us to their offsite care hire offices?

We need car from 7th Dec 1.30am flight into Perth and return it on the 28th around 6am.

need full size car as there are 4 of us.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,321 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ace car hire?

Vehicles available at Perth Airport. Do a search on www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ace car hire?

Ok - I googled Ace for Perth and according to their web site they "service all flights" but provide a shuttle service "during office hours" which is 8.00am - 5.00pm. Two different scenarios presumably. Their offices are only a 10 minute drive away from the airport though but whether a shuttle is provided is not clear per the above.

www.acerentalcars.com.au/car-hire-perth.htm

The reason I asked why you needed a car immediately is to ascertain whether grabbing a taxi to your accommodation rather than driving after a long flight is an option? That opens the door for a cheaper car hire overall as hiring from airport offices incurs an additional service charge PER DAY.

My suggestion for such a long car hire would be to taxi to accommodation, hire from an off site location and do the reverse for your return trip.

Just my 2c.

Edited: 22 July 2014, 03:54
Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ace car hire?

Oh not thought about that!!!

We are staying with Family in Padbury so that could work....

Any idea of a good car hire place off site then?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ace car hire?

Staying with family and they aren't collecting you? Poor form.I always collect friends or family whatever the time but hey, my halo is slipping.

Bayswater Hire Cars are recommended regularly by locals

You can catch the train to Perth CBD or Subiaco offices to collect. They are very popular so book early. Just goggle for details.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ace car hire?

There are quite a few smaller companies to choose from most of which have rather good reviews. Around the metro area of the top of my head would be Myaree car hire, Cottesloe car hire, Burswood car rentals, Northside car rentals. There are plenty more and a quick google will generally show them

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ace car hire?

thank you I have now booked with eurpo car direct collection/drop off at the airport.

Get answers to your questions about Perth
Recent Conversations