We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulips garden in Perth?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
30 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Tulips garden in Perth?

hello,

I'm planning for a short travel in Perth this coming October and i'm hoping to go to tulips garden somewhere near the city. Based on what i've found, there's a tulips garden in Araluen Botanic Park. Sadly, there's no public transport connected to the park and i've read a post about it, it's circa 2011.

1. And now its 2014, do the place now connected to any public transport?

2. Is there any other park in Perth that have tulips garden?

3. will tulips still blooming in October?

p/s: i've messaged the park earlier, but getting no reply.

thank u for your kind replies.

:)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulips garden in Perth?

In years gone by when the tulips were in full bloom, Araluen used to run a courtesy bus from Kelmscott station. Whether they still do that, I unfortunately am unaware. Plus, if it is still going to be provided, October is likely to be too late in the season as the tulips will be on their last legs. There may be a few stragglers but the Park does have other magnificent flowers to view.

Otherwise, it is a 4km walk - there is no public transport bus from the station.

www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Journey-Planner

There are no other tulip parks in Perth metro area (that I am aware of) but the south west town of Nannup has a tulip festival which unfortunately for you is in the 3rd week of August. I doubt whether there will be sufficient tulips left come October to make a trip there worthwhile.

Have you considered Kings Park for viewing our magnificent wildflowers? Don't underestimate their magic and October is a great time to view.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,368 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulips garden in Perth?

The annual spring tulip display at Araluen Botanical Park is from Saturday 23 August to Sunday 21 September this year, so October will be too late to see the display at its best. The lovely display is only possible because of the many volunteers who help plant the hundreds of bulbs each year which are not native plants, and lift them to be refrigerated afterwards. araluenbotanicpark.com.au/its-yates-springti…

But in my opinion the more spectacular display is of the unique Western Australian wildflowers at Kings Park which is right next to the main city area so much more easily accessed.

www.bgpa.wa.gov.au/kings-park/events/festival

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulips garden in Perth?

I agree with Kerry1G while tulips are spectacular, seeing the wildflowers in Kings Park in October will be beautiful

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
30 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulips garden in Perth?

Thank you very much guys for your kind replies. i can slashed that from my travel itinerary now. and king's park is, of course, in my list. Cheers. :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulips garden in Perth?

Araluen has a spectacular dispay of tulips, but as already mentioned, too late in October.

There should still be some wildflowers around in Kings Park ( weather depending )

At any rate, the park has lots to offer the visitor. You need at least 1/2 day to fully enjoy it.

6. Re: Tulips garden in Perth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:15