We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it peak travel season to Perth?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is it peak travel season to Perth?

I plan to travel on Scoot to Perth on 31 July. My tickets are subload (or go show as some call it). This means I can only get on board if there are unsold seats.

I see that the past couple of weeks all the Scoot flights to Perth have been fully booked..

Does anyone know any particular reason for this, like maybe it is end of school holidays?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it peak travel season to Perth?

The recent July school holidays finished on 20 July.

Peak season (and therefore the most expensive time) for accommodation bookings is over summer school holidays which this year start Friday 19 December to end of January - but this is a very hot time of year to come to Western Australia.

I would suggest that the best times to visit WA are Spring (September/October/November) and Autumn (April/May/June.) Bookings over the Easter public holidays (next year 3 to 6 April) are also very popular, so book early!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,321 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it peak travel season to Perth?

Spring school holidays are also popular IME- September 27 to October 12 this year.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,333 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it peak travel season to Perth?

Just out of curiosity, are you airline crew family or crew from affiliate airline?

I'm wondering how you can have a GoSho/Subload ticket with flexible dates.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it peak travel season to Perth?

My daughter is flight attendant in the airline. I have a fixed date for travel. I am monitoring the flights to see the trend of pax load to get an idea what my chances are of getting seats on 31 July.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,333 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it peak travel season to Perth?

That makes sense, I thought it was something along those lines.

You've got a tough scenario, and aside from using peripheral information, hard to judge for a specific date as history is really only a broad 'gauge'.

Does your daughter know any one in the back office who maybe able to give you PLF stats from last year? Maybe through the crew/roster scheduler or HR?

6. Re: Is it peak travel season to Perth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Perth
Recent Conversations