We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

Hi, we will arrive Perth around 6pm in the evening. I have 3 kids with me. So I need advice on where to go for dinner as I am worried that the shops and restaurants might have closed or going to, by the time we reach the hotel. We are staying at 12 Victoria Ave, Perth WA 6000. Is it advisable to have dinner at the airport first before heading to the CBD area? Fast food is preferred.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

Shops will likely be closed tho you didn't mention what day of the week.

Restaurants will be open - of nice variety and of the tacky fast food variety.

all you need to do is type the hotel address into google maps and then select good and a hundred markers will appear showing everything near your hotel.

Edited: 28 August 2014, 00:58
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

Thanks perfectlyperth.

We will arrive on 5 Sep, Friday. I have checked out the Perth International airport website. Seems like the shops and restaurants are closed for some kind of transformation works?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,697 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

You don't need to eat at the airport.

Shops are open on Friday nights in the CBD until 9. Your serviced apartment building has an Indian restaurant out front. There is not a lot that will be open around there so you may like to have your taxi stop off for takeaway chicken or Maccas or similar on the way from the airport. You will pass a number of them.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,927 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

Besides, the airport is really expensive to eat at, best avoided unless totally necessary.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

Indeed - no one dine in an airport by choice !

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

Thanks all for your sharing and advice. My main concern is on our first dinner in Perth. I am worried that most of the eating places near our hotel are closed and the kids will be starved! That's why I thought we should dine in at the airport, just in case. We could have just had instant noddles if we are allowed to check them through at the airport custom.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

You are visiting a capital city in a developed country - seriously ! Don't panic. You won't starve.

Ipswich, England...
Level Contributor
429 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

I expect you will have some food provided on the flight. In your position I would think about giving each child a packed lunch to take on board e.g. sandwiches, crisps, fruit and biscuits. Then give it to them about an hour and a half before you land. Cabin crew should provide drinks to accompany them. A picnic on the plane might be something kids would relish and may also relieve the boredom when they start to ask, "Are we nearly there yet?". As long as you don't take the leftovers with you when you land, it shouldn't be a problem.

As others have pointed out, though, it's not that difficult to find food outlets in the city.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

Around the corner from where you are staying is a Subway store and also a Dome cafe. If you go the other way up the street about two or three blocks you will find a number of food outlets.

10. Re: Any restaurant or eating place around CBD area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:16