We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth to Esperance road trip

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
1 post
Save Topic
Perth to Esperance road trip

Hi all,

My friends and I will be going down to Esperance from Perth. However we are not too sure about the best route available to get there from Perth. Can anyone be kind enough to give me some pointers on the routes available/best route and tips/advice on anything regarding this trip?

Thank you for your kind help. Cheers :)

Australia
Level Contributor
274 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth to Esperance road trip

Hi Drifer, use the search function just above your message, type in Esperance, and heaps of info comes up!

Mikala

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth to Esperance road trip

There's really not a lot of choice. Most scenic (but the longest) route would be south via Albany and then along the southern coastal route east via Manypeaks , Ravensthorpe etc. The quickest way is straight down the Albany Highway from Perth to Arthur River or thereabouts then across through Wagin, Lake King, Lake Grace and Newdegate to Ravensthorpe etc. but it's a dry, dry run at this time of year. If you choose the latter take some fresh water both for yourself and your car in an emergency. One or two of these forementioned smaller towns will look as if they have no population at all.

3. Re: Perth to Esperance road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 08:17