We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NZ Campervan Hire

South East England
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
NZ Campervan Hire

I know there are lots and lots of posts on here about campervan hire and I have read most of them but I am still confused! I am sure there must be other people who have researched this so would love to pick their brains.

I would really like to know who people think does the best deals for a camper for me and the other half who are planning to travel around North and South islands between 6/12 and 29/12. I think we would like one with shower and loo even though I know that some people have said they did not use them. Obviously we would like something reliable ,comfortable and cheap! Hopefully this request is nothing too out of the ordinary.

The best I have done so far is a Maui Spirit 2 (deluxe) through the NZ Roadtrip website for $3,850 NZD (for the 24 days). Does this sound like the going rate to anyone in the know? I picked this because I have read that Maui are good and that the website mentioned did good deals. Are there any hidden extras I need to be aware of like diesel tax etc or does that get included in the price usually?

Thanks for your attention and for any help you can provide.

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NZ Campervan Hire

Hi Bluetillew like you we did a huge amount of research into which was the best campervan hire company to use. We almost booked one through NZ Roadtrip but then found a comparision company called www.fetchcampervanhirenewzealand.co.nz which for us worked out cheaper again.

We have now booked via this website and are having a campervan from Clean Green, which will be upto 2 years old. Cant comment any further on the camper or the company as we dont arrive until October.

With regards to the extras I dont know whether Maui charge the diesel recovery tax but Clean Green do. So we dont have any nasty surprises we have chosen to pay an additional sum each day that covers us for insurance excess waiver, diesel recovery tax, gas bottle replacement, booster seat, picnic table & chairs & all the bedding & towels. I think it was an additional 21 NZD per day. This has added to the final bill but for us the reassurance that if anything goes wrong we will be covered has given us peace of mind so that we can just go and enjoy the holiday.

Hope you have a great time

South East England
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NZ Campervan Hire

Thanks for sharing that Herefordshire. I've tried Fetch and Roadtrip is working out cheaper for the one I'm after so will go with them. Have a great time.

3. Re: NZ Campervan Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 23:18