We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Zealand and the Cooks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
New Zealand and the Cooks

My wife and I have been traveling the world for the past 7 years. We have taken some incredible journey's to the following...Belize, Turkey, Tahiti, Bali, Thailand, Vietnam, and our last trip in November...Nepal and Tibet!!! We usually spend about 3 and a half weeks on these adventures. Outside of the Nepal, Tibet adventure, we think of ourselves as islanders because every one of those trips took us to amazing islands at some point in the journey!!!!!!!!!!!! Have any of you guys combined going to the Cooks and New Zealand. We are from San Diego and we would like to travel right after Christmas Vacation 2008 and of continue into January 2009..so we're talking about 25 total day's. Can we pull this off...say 5 day's in the Cooks and 14 day's in New Zealand? What can we expect as far as weather this time of the year? What are the things we absolutely must experiece. In Nepal my wife did the worlds second highest bungee jump. We hear in New Zealand you've got the worlds highest jump and of course she would like to do the one on this island. We love renting motor bikes and getting out there. I have never heard of anybody that didn't love New Zealand or for that matter the Cooks. So you tell us, what would a trip like this entail? What should we not miss??????????? Can we rent a motor bike and take our time and go arount the north and south islands? What do you guy's think?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
746 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Zealand and the Cooks

Hello Karma. Your proposed trip sounds great although I would give yourselves more time if possible. The Cook Islands are beautiful and a great place to relax. The weather is always pretty good although in January in will be hot and wet.

New Zealand in January is warm - some years wetter than others, but this summer has been very dry around the country. I am sure you can rent motor bikes to travel around the country and it would be a great way to see the sights. If you want adventure sports etc, NZ is the place to do it! Read up as much as you can about the Cook Islands and New Zealand now and you will be well prepared before your trip.

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Zealand and the Cooks

You can definitely hire motorbikes, and it would be a great way to see the country. Take a look at some of the companies listed here: http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=motorcycle+hire&meta=cr%3DcountryNZ. I presume you've already got a motorcycle licence?

3. Re: New Zealand and the Cooks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 07:17