We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

organised trip from christchurch to Akaroa

midlands UK
Level Contributor
77 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
organised trip from christchurch to Akaroa

Hello

Has anyone been on an organised coach trip from

Christchurch to Akaroa which they can recommend ? - we won't have a car at that stage.

Wales UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: organised trip from christchurch to Akaroa

Hello There is a bus that leaves Central Suqare in C/Church anddoes a very nice trip around the Banks peninsular taking in Akaroa. Iam sure the hotel or tourist office situated in Central Square will be able to help with timings. Enjoy.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: organised trip from christchurch to Akaroa

I think there may be 2 companies that run shuttle services to Akaroa. The one I used gave a choice of return times in the afternoon. Check on the Christchurch.net or Christchurch.org websites.

Wales UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: organised trip from christchurch to Akaroa

Hi, Has anybody stayed at L'Hotel in Akaroa? Is there a web site I could use to make a booking for March 2006. Regards

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: organised trip from christchurch to Akaroa

Hi We are just back from New Zealand. We stayed at L'Hotel Akaroa for one night and had a great deal $ 160 for apartment and two course meal each .The room had a mini kitchen with sink, microwave, and hotplates. bathroom with shower.Request the centre apartment as it has a big balcony overlooking the fabulous view. We had the second best on the side.It has wonderful views and is a very nice place. It seems to be a popular place and we found the food very good. We thought because it was a good deal the food might have been small servings but they were excellent.I would love to stay there again and I think Akaroa is wonderful.The drive into Akaroa is beautiful

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: organised trip from christchurch to Akaroa

Sorry I should add that was an off season deal and it would probably be much more expensive in March as that is prime time.Always check when booking accommodation in NZ to confirm a view as with some hotels the hotels face the view but the rooms do not.