We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for a bed and breakfast or hotel

Okianwa, Japan
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for a bed and breakfast or hotel

I'm planning a trip to NZ in Feb 2010 and I'm looking for inexpensive B&B or hotels. I don't care what area or city it is in as I'm still in the planning stage of my trip. I would just really like to stay in some nice places that won't break the budget. What are you favorite places to stay. I ideally would like to stay somewhere that is under $150 USD.

thank you!

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for a bed and breakfast or hotel

Your budget of $150 USD will enable you to stay in some absolutely fantastic B&Bs around the country.

That would be classed as mid range rather than 'inexpensive' in NZ.

Your options will be vast.

Here are a couple of websites that could give you a starting point:

www.travelwise.co.nz

www.aatravel.co.nz

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,461 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for a bed and breakfast or hotel

To me you price range is high-end. Perhaps you should give us your itinerary so we don't waste time recommending hotels in places you are not visiting.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
746 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for a bed and breakfast or hotel

Have a look at www.friars.co.nz Most of these places are in either unique locations or have excellent services and amenities. They can be either hosted or self-contained. Yes, your $150USD will buy you some very nice accommodation in New Zealand.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for a bed and breakfast or hotel

And here's one more website to visit with a host of B&Bs available.

http://www.bnb.co.nz/

You really need to work on that itinerary before the accommodation. It will make it easier for us to recommend.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for a bed and breakfast or hotel

Check our www.bnb.co.nz for a wide range of bed and breakfast throughout New Zealand.

They have also been inspected and meet a minimum standard.

Kay

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for a bed and breakfast or hotel

You could also check www.athomenewzealand.org.nz for a wide range of B & Bs throughout New Zealand. All these properties are inspected with a long list of criteria they need to pass to be accepted and approved to use the @home logo.

The hosts are usually friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfasts served are normally of a very good standard.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for a bed and breakfast or hotel

Hi

Once you have your itinerary mapped out it will be easier to make some recommendations.

In the meantime have look at:

www.tourism.net.nz

which is a useful site to start planning and which also has a wide range of accommodation options.

Also don't forget to look at the accommodation reviews on TA.

8. Re: Recommendations for a bed and breakfast or hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2010, 05:17