We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour in NZ

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day tour in NZ

My husband and I are going on a Sydney to NZ cruise next month. We thought we might do our own thing when we dock at some of the places such as Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin. Are there any particular sights or tour we should do in each of these places? We will only be in each place for a day. Thanks for your assistance.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,054 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour in NZ

Your ship will have a list of day tours especially arranged. Check which appeal & then investigate DIY. Or give us some idea of what you are interested in.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour in NZ

Hi

I would avoid tours arrange by the ship - they tend to be ridculously expensive!

In Auckland:

If you want to see the city then I suggest you use the hop on hop off Explorer Bus:

www.explorerbus.co.nz

or the link bus:

www.linkbus.co.nz

The best of Auckland is to be found in the surrounding area and for day trips I suggest you have a look at:

www.bushandbeach.co.nz

or

www.coast2coastnz.com

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tour in NZ

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking that I might do a little research on tours before going on the cruise. Probably spend say a couple of hours on a scenic tour of each place.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tour in NZ

Thanks for all your suggestions. I thought the ship tours could be quite pricey. I'll investigate all of your suggestions for Auckland.

5. Re: Day tour in NZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 05:18