We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is early November an OK time for New Zealand?

So. California
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is early November an OK time for New Zealand?

We were hoping to visit mid November to the end of the the month but because of work will have to move it up to the first part of November late October...

Is this an OK time to visit? We were really hoping for a later date but it won't work.....

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,430 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is early November an OK time for New Zealand?

It's a lovely time to visit. The weather could decide to stay in winter and thermals will be needed (last winter) or it may be undecided and changeable (year before) or it may be high summer (year before that) where shorts and sandals are all you need.

You will probably encounter some rain, possibly fresh snow on the hills, possibly wind, possibly brilliant sunshine... possibly all 4 on the one day!!

And you will love it :)

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is early November an OK time for New Zealand?

I agree with Wanaka lakes but then I love Spring with its fabulous changeable weather. Lots of beautiful flowers, green grass, and the countryside looks as if it is awakening from the winter.

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is early November an OK time for New Zealand?

You are welcome to come any time of the year.Just we cant make everything happen that you may like most. the ski field will have closed, November will be either very dry or very wet, Sept is normally wet, Oct fine, then Nov wet etc , but it still has a mind of its own. We dont have that sort of power to control it.

Different parts of NZ has different weather patterns.

Scenery and Temp.

temperatures will be rising, but in the south low twenties, in the north of the north island mid twenties

scenery, it will be here waiting for you, ,rain hail snow or shine. The South Island is Awesome but I am biased

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is early November an OK time for New Zealand?

In New Zealand we have a public holiday to celebrate Labour Weekend which is mid October. By this time we are into spring and it makes us feel that summer is not far away. The weather can be changeable but then it can be changeable all the time in NZ!

So. California
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is early November an OK time for New Zealand?

Thanks so much for this....I 'm relieved. We have no problems with changing weather....it makes things more interesting in my opinion.

Oct-Nov it is......

you guys are great and I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

6. Re: Is early November an OK time for New Zealand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 07:17