We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

native parks scheme

london
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
native parks scheme

I've been reading about the Native Park Scheme.

Native Parks is a network of rural properties and businesses extending welcome to motorhome holiday makers travelling through New Zealand. A membership to Native Parks allows you to stay over night on their properties and the membership cost $70.

Has anyone ever tried???Any feedbacks???

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: native parks scheme

I'm not sure how popular they are, they've been mentioned a couple of times on here but I've seen no feedback. I have a SIL who uses them infrequently and from what I can gather, they're more suited to the NZ long term campervanners that travel the country. Quite often they are well off the beaten track and not in an area that visitors would usually visit.

On the plus side it would be more like freedom camping; some area don't allow freedom camping, it would also be safer than pulling up on the side of a road. Alot are in very remote places. I'm not sure how many places they have available, I think you should ask that question before purchasing a membership.

Edited: 30 April 2010, 22:40
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,520 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: native parks scheme

Try a questionto the NZMC (NZ motor caravan assn). Google or whatever for their adress. I know a few people into motor caravans but can not help you with this on. I'm not sure how widespread they are.

3. Re: native parks scheme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 06:23