We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

Hi,

I have booked 3 different cars from Apex, 2 flights from jetstar and a ferry ticket from interislander.

On all of their websites they state that they will send e-mail confirmation of my booking. I have not received a single one...

I have checked my junk mail folders etc but wondered whether it was common not to receive an e-mail confirmation from NZ companies?

I have kept a print out of the webpage at time of booking fortunately. It just seems strange for 3 different companies not to send a confirmation e-mail!

Is this normal or something I should be worried about?

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

I always send a confirmation email when my business has bookings and when I book with another company I always request a confirmation email. I have never had a problem getting the confirmation.

Have you approached the companies concerned? How long is it since you made the bookings?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

Whenever I have booked a ticket through Jetstar and the Interislander I have always had confirmation and tickets within minutes of making the online booking. If you have the refeference numbers I would follow it up with the companies.

The fact that you have not received confirmation gives me concern whether your booking was actually lodged.

I would recomend that you send an email to:

tony@apexrentals.co.nz re your Apex rentals booking. Tony is a director of the company and will follow it up for you. If you have not had a response within 48 hours of contacting Tony please send me a PM and I will follow it up.

I would go back and check your outbox to confirm that your bookings to all three companies actually was sent.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

Thanks very much. At least I know now thats not the norm.

I booked the flights and ferry on Friday and car hire yesterday.

I'll send them an e-mail, all very strange!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

Sounds like an issue with your email. Strange that all three did not respond... I too get confirmations almost immediately when I book. Definitely contact them.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
327 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

Hi there, Tony from Apex here, if you would like to supply your name and email address to me in a PM I will check for you, we normally send confirmations immediately and any follow up emails within 12 hours so I suspect a problem somewhere in the great email ether.

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
2,844 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

You probably madethe bookings using the carriers on line booking form, so it wouldn't appear in your outbox.

I've never made bookings on the Interislander, but have used Jetstar many times, and they always reply almost immediately. You would have had to pay online with your credit card, and at the end of the transaction there would have been a confirmation form which you couid have printed out. As well and this they send a confirmation email to the address you supplied. If there was an error with this address the email would get lost, but it is unlikely you would have got it wrong in all 3 cases. I would be looking further down the line, in your carriers junk mail folder. I looked at mine a few weeks ago, and was amazed at what had been filtered out. Mostly junk, but a few legitimate emails as well.

Hope you get it sorted.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

Any progress guys

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

Still haven't found them!

I have managed to log into Jetstars website for both bookings and the flights and ferry are on my credit card bill now. I have got print outs of the webpage confirmation at time of booking.

I have sent Tony from apex a pm, thanks for the offer of help.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

Tony from Apex has advised he has received your PM

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lack of e-mail confirmation from flight, car hire & ferry co

Hi upintheclouds,

It certainly sounds like it might be an issue with your email account. I've used both Jetstar and Apex in the last few months and got confirmation emails instantly. If you log in to Jetstar and pull up your booking, their is an option you can pick to get your itinerary re-emailed to you. Try this and if you still don't receive an email, then I would seriously consider changing my email account. Who knows what other important stuff you could be missing out on.

I hope you manage to sort it all out soon :-)