We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour companies

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
tour companies

Just wanted to say how impressed i am with Indigenous Trails i have inquired about a number of tours for depart from Tauranga and this company were extremely quick in answering all my questions and catering to our needs. Look forward to our day with them in February.

Akaroa Dolphins
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Hop n Grape Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours
Bubbly Grape Wine Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Sea Shuttle Bay of Islands
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Woodstock, GA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour companies

My husband and I will be doing a NZ cruize in February, 2011. I am between Indigenous Trails and Mt Classic Tours. Was there anything that helped you to decide on Indigenous Trails?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour companies

Hi ,

We original were going to go with Mount Classic but after sending a number of emails off had not heard anything back ( Still haven't) I then found Indigenous Trails and Des from Indigenous Trails was more then helpful and very quick in answering all my question and felt that their tours would offer that personal touch.

We are also doing a cruise in Feb what cruise are you going on?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour companies

Indigenous Trails is a good choice! You will be impressed with the hands on service and inside knowledge that they offer, great insight into Maori Culture.

I am surprised that you haven't had any contact from Mt Classic Tours, they are also a great company and are very popular.

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour companies

I booked 3 shore excursions with Itrails for January 2011 and according to their Terms and Conditions payment will be taken 14 days before commencement of the first tour. We were charged the full amount in August,with no advice from Itrails,we noticed it on our credit card statement.We immediately contacted Des Harris in September and were promised an immediate refund.To date,after several emails and phone conversations with Des Harris,we have received a refund of 37% and have now had to resort to claiming the remaining money back via our credit card company !

Please make your own mind up about booking with Itrails. I am rebooking elsewhere.

Save Reply
5. Re: tour companies

Hi GAPeach. Have just seen your posting re getting hold of Mount Classic Tours. Our apologies, we have had some technical issues with our contact form from our website. I trust that you now have your tours sorted, but if you need further assistance you can contact me on info@mctours.co.nz.

Kind regards

6. Re: tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2012, 11:18