We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
$308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

Looks like $308 is the fare from Queenstown to Auckland that we need to connect to our ANZ flight back to San Francisco - is this right? Searching various days and it seems to be the fare - had no idea it would add so much to our budget! The alternative airline is cheaper but we'd be in the Auckland airport for hours.

Experts, shall I book it at $308 or would ANZ likely have a sale?

Early December travel.

Thank you!

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

$308 is the full fare on AIRNZ, generally speaking they also have smart saver fares (slightly less flexible ticket) which should be around $180-$200, but they only have a limited number of these so they may be gone the day you are trying to travel.

Very occasionally, you will see very cheap fares for AIRNZ on www.grabaseat.co.nz, but its just luck if there is one for the day you want to travel - worth a look though.

You can fly on Jetstar - jetsaver fare for about $140 www.jetstar.com - was that the other one you looked at ?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

Tried the Grab a Seat site - cool concept - sadly for me my dates did not pop up.

Yes, that was the other airline I tried.

Thinking I should just go ahead and book full fare, right? So I don't get stuck..... who'd have thought?!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

How much time would you have to spend in Auckland if you took the cheap flight. $170 is a big incentive to go on the earlier flight

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

Check out this website

http://www.houseoftravel.co.nz/home.htm

Using it I found an ANZ flight from Queenstown to AKL in early Dec for as low as $154 but I dont know how it meets your needs.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

Sadly domestic travel within NZ can be very expensive as you have found out; no competition or very little and when the competition does arrive they go "under" pretty quickly. We can fly to Aussie for less than most long distance trips within NZ.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: $308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

This House of Travel site seems great - about ready to click "purchase" - saving $100NZ per ticket - I hope this is legit.... should I click?!

The Jet Star flight, upon reading the fine print on checked luggage, comes out to $37NZ difference, better less time at the airport for $37.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: $308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

Thank you for your expert assistance!

Booked the flights.

Needed 3 tickets, so it was interesting as I purchased 2 from the Mix and Match site and 1 from ANZ direct (as the 3rd ticket was netting the same price on both sites). With the ANZ site we have a seat assigned, with the MnM we do not. Saved $170NZ.

Thanks again!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

It is very legit, House of Travel is one of NZ's biggest travel agencies. have no fear (fare? ;) Grab it.

9. Re: $308NZD flight Queenstown to Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 05:16