We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to Jet Boat

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to Jet Boat

Travelling to NZ during December both Nth and Sth can you suggest some of th ebest spot and if we will be ok calling up on the day/day before to book?

Thanks,

Rich

Queenstown, New...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to Jet Boat

Goldfields Jet just outside of Queenstown is a great option, it is 40min trip and only $90 so its really good value for money and the trip is as good or even better than a lot of the others Ive been told about.

As for booking on the day or the day before you should be ok with most company's but you may run the risk that some will be getting very full so you may not be able to get the times you want but I think you will find most places will have some space.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
995 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to Jet Boat

I loved the Dart River jet boat trip out of Queenstown, because the scenery in Mt. Aspiring National Park is incredible. You also have time for a short walk.

This trip, we're planning a jet boat and canoeing combo on the Whanganui River near the Bridge to Nowhere.

BTW After yesterday's accident with Shotover, I was wondering if there's a way to look up safety records for adventure tour companies. I know accidents are rare, but still.

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to Jet Boat

Riverjet www.riverjet.co.nz offer a ride on the Waikato River and you can visit Orakei Korako thermal area or do 'The Squeeze'.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to Jet Boat

The Huka Jet is another great ride, takes you to the foot of the Huka Falls.

5. Re: Best place to Jet Boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2011, 05:16