We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Fern Lotdge in Taupo

Wales
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Silver Fern Lotdge in Taupo

Hi

Im visiting Taupo next October for a couple of days and am considering staying at the Silver Fern Lodge, known as "Flash Packers"!

Does anyone know what the difference is between the bunk room and the family backpackers studio other than $35! I cant find any info on their website other than the number of people who can sleep in each room. I can always contact the Silver Lodge direct if this seems like a strange question!

Thanks ever so

Owen

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,485 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver Fern Lotdge in Taupo

I assume you share with strangers in the bunk room but have the family backpackers studio unit to yourself(and your family if you have one)

The Family Backpackers has capacity for up to 6 people, costs $120 for 2 plus $15 for any extra adults/children. The economy room is $70 for one person and you could have up to 4 other people(strangers) in the room.

If you tentatively put your dates in it will come up with what's available. hover over the room and it will tell you all the details.

Wales
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver Fern Lotdge in Taupo

Thanks Zappers. Thats exactly what I thought. Already done the hovering thing and the rooms seem to be available which surprises me with RWC being on.

I was originally thinking about the Lake Taupo Motor Inn but a hostel will be more fun. After over a week with only my friend for company we could probably do with meeting other people!

Cheers

O

3. Re: Silver Fern Lotdge in Taupo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2011, 05:16