We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping Goods From UK to NZ

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
77 reviews
Shipping Goods From UK to NZ

Am needing to ship a bunch of goods back to NZ. Some valuable some not so. I've not seen any 'recent' posts that can point me toward a reputable company so have started a new thread. Has anyone got any reccomendations from personal experience?

Specifically interested in service recieved and length of time to recieve goods so I can plan when to send them...

Thanks Kiwi_Tripping

New Zealand
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Shipping Goods From UK to NZ

We sent a box from England when we were in Europe last year. Posted it ordinary post through Royal Mail. If you keep your tracking number it is easy to see where things are at. They destoy all mail after 4 months if not clearly labelled. However through experience I'm not sure that they overly try to contact you. Our box had our phone numbers in several places as well as the address but unfortunately we never received it and were never contacted.

We posted things from all around Europe and 10 other boxes arrived within a couple of months or so. So generally mailing is reliable.

If you have valuable things to send I reccommed insuring them. I'm sorry we don't have any experience with private courier companies.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,532 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Shipping Goods From UK to NZ

Two companies I've used throughout the years;

Excess Baggage:

www.excess-baggage.com/…

Anglo Pacific:

anglopacific.co.uk/…

Good luck.

Te Anau, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Shipping Goods From UK to NZ

DHL and FedEx are international companies. Fast and reliable, but not cheap. DHL have standard boxes in various sizes and you pay per box, rather than per kg, but again, not cheap. It is often more economical to buy new items in NZ rather than shipping it, but obviously this depends on the item, and what value you place on it.

I once purchased a alternating pressure mattress from the US. The Mattress cost under US$200, and the freight was around US$450. Ended up costing about NZ$1000, but still only 10% of what a similar item would have cost in NZ.

manchester
4 posts
1 review
4. Re: Shipping Goods From UK to NZ

Hi

I've just used Anglo Pacific and have had a nightmare!!

They lost a bag before it left the country! It was picked up from Stockport and the goods arrived at the Manchester depot with one rucksack full of stuff 'missing'.

6 weeks later I have just received notice that my stuff has arrived in Auckland- even though I paid for air freight which should have taken 8-10 days!

To rub salt in the wounds they have now lost another parcel..

For your sanity- don't use them!! The customer service is shocking.

Oh and it is a bit of a pain, but keep a note of everything you have in each box/bag. Just in case you have to make a claim like I do!

Hopefully it won't happen to you though- best of luck!!

5. Re: Shipping Goods From UK to NZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 18:16